Monday, September 05, 2011

Programmed mind?

Okay, so today, I have a discussion topic :) It's been a while, I know. Please, feel free to participate!! LOL.

Yesterday was the last day of the "Buy 3, get the 4th free" promotion and I went back to the bookstore to hunt for a particular book - Demon Marked by Meljean Brook. I knew the bookstore had received their stock, but the clerk couldn't find it on Friday since it was still in boxes in shipping. So I went back on Sunday on the off chance that they had time to unpack and I'd be able to find it... Yeah, obsessed... but we all knew that, right? LOL.

Anyway, it got me thinking a little... because quite frankly, I haven't read anything since the month of September started. I tried, picked up a few books, started reading a few pages... and it just wasn't there. Wasn't feeling it. And I think the reason is because I've really been looking forward to Demon Marked and Archangel's Blade. I knew the bookstores would get their copies in this week and so there was a chance I would get my hands on it for this week-end... So it feels like my mind was anticipating reading Demon Marked and reading anything else wouldn't do it... and this is not the first time it's happening. I mean, pretty much when there's a book I'm really looking forward to, it seems my mind locks down to that one book. Like it's programmed to read that book and nothing else...


So does it happen to you? Does your mind get programmed to read that one book and nothing else will do? Or am I the only one? :P