Sunday, August 05, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXXXVI

Hey everyone!! I'm still not settled back in a routine, mainly because of the Olympics Game *aigh*. However, I'm really enjoying them and I hope you are too! So much fun, so much excitement, but also so much drama! Woohoo. So my reading has been affected a little and my blogging, a lot ^_^; No promise, but I'll try my best to resume reviews and so on ASAP. The good news is my book-buying habit has not been affected! I guess that's something :P

At the beginning of the month, I had to renew my irewards membership. They actually sent me a letter before my trip to tell me how much I saved... 154.01$ Guess it is worth to be a member LOL. Although I know my buying books habit has changed a lot this year... I still renewed it and we'll see next year.

Here is what I got this week...

In the mail:


13 by Kelley Armstrong - Yay!! Final book of the series - for now. I'm excited to read this one... I just don't know if I should go back and read what I missed, LOL. Probably, right?

Haven by Kay Hooper - I'm reading this one right now. I'm just sooo happy Ms Hooper has finally released a new book! It's been two years and I needed my fix! LOL.

All Seeing Eye by Rob Thurman - This is a new UF series by Ms Thurman. I've really enjoyed her Cal Leandros series and I like her writing in general. I think this is going to be a bit similar to Ms Hooper's FBI SCU series in the sense that the main character is psychic... Looking forward to reading it :)

***

At the bookstores:

 

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper - I love the Jane Jamison series by Ms Harper. I'm not as fond of vampires as werewolves, but Ms Harper makes them fun :) I do hope this spin-off series is not too similar though.

Almost a Scandal by Elizabeth Essex - This book features one of my favorite themes, the cross-dressing heroine :) I think this is Ms Essex' debut novel, so hopefully, it'll be a solid effort :)

The Secret Mistress by Mary Balogh - Massmarket paperback release of The Secret Mistress. This book is connected to More Than a Mistress which I read and loved. Angeline does appear in that book and she was such a character and I was curious about her romance with Edward, so was very happy when I found out that Ms Balogh has decided to re-visit those characters :)

A Woman Made for Pleasure by Michele Sinclair - I've read a book by Ms Sinclair and enjoyed it, but have not been keeping up with her. I have to admit the reason why I picked up this one was the cover was so striking. Hopefully, the story will be good :)



Wild Texas Rose by Jodi Thomas - I don't love Ms Thomas' western romances as much as her contemporary ones, but this is Duck's book! I definitively want to read his romance! :)

A Lady Can Never be Too Curious by Mary Wine - Well kudos to Kensington for coming up with great covers. I have no idea what the story is about and I've never read Ms Wine, although I'm pretty sure she mostly writes historical... It'll be an interesting book to read!

***

Pretty good haul right? LOL, if it was an Olympic discipline, I'm sure I would medal :P

8 comments:

  1. Good haul Nath!

    I've read one of Wine's historicals and I liked her writing. So hopefully you like Curious. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, some nice ones!

    Don't suppose you fancy taking some photos of 13 in real life?? Is the hardcover as pretty as the description implied?

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ames - Thanks Ames!! :) I did skim through Mary Wine's book once and liked it... so we'll see. I don't have really high expectations for it, so perhaps it'll play in its favor? :P

    Li - Indeed, indeed! :P

    Well if you ask, I will :P Give me a couple of days LOL. I have to say, it's not as pretty as I expected, but it's still special :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Sinclair in my TBR pile, Nath. I must take a look at it again, and you're right it has a gorgeous cover! The Jodi Thomas I'm definitely reading. :D And The Secret Mistress, mass paperback will also go in my TBR pile. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like that irewards tells you how much you saved. Definitely incentive to renew.

    I still need to get Thurman, Balogh, Thomas and start the Molly Harper series before it gets too big. LOL

    Excellent haul Nath - gold medal worthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilcia - Right? Kensington is really doing a great job with covers. I hope the story is a good as the cover :P

    Nod nod, I know how you enjoy Ms Thomas'western romance so I figured you'd read this one for sure :P And LOL, yes, getting The Secret Mistress. Good to support authors!

    Leslie - Nod nod. Well it really lets you know if it's worth to renew or not, because it's 35$ ^_^; And obviously, it is LOL.

    I pre-ordered the Thurman on Book Depository. It was cheaper. I'm curious to see where Ms Thurman will take us :) As for the Molly Harper, well this one is the start of a spin-off series. So just find out if you enjoy the Jane Jameson series first :)

    I know right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul! I'm curious about Almost a Scandal by Elizabeth Essex, so do let me know what you think when you read it! I haven't bought a book for myself in ages.. I'm starting to feel guilty about all the boxes of romance and UF that I'll probably never read. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine - I hope to read Almost a Scandal soon :P

    Well you've been busy you know :P And why feel guilty? Hey, reading is for fun! No pressure - unless you have ARC LOL.

    ReplyDelete