Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Strategy...

Hi everyone!!

I really want to blog and review, but I'm a bit busy today. Today is the deadline for grant applications, so I have to rush a few things. I had the role of mail woman yesterday, going to pick up various collaboration letters. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay in the lab today LOL :)

I've been reading some very good books :) Just got my online order and had a few nice finds at the UBS over the week-end. I found Winterbourne by Susan Carroll and Family Man by Jayne Ann Krentz :) What good books have you been reading lately?

Anyway, I spent the whole week-end thinking and came up with some ideas to save money and limit my books buying ^_^;

1. Stop buying snacks and soft drinks - you're laughing, but I bet I can save about 10$/week ^_^; (and it's better to cut in food than books LOL)

2. Do no buy books in a series till I'm all caught up or have read the series.
You know how this is... Eveyone glom about the first book so you buy it... Then the second book comes out and everyone gloms about it, but you still haven't read the first one... but who cares, you still buy the second one and so on.

3. Stick to my TBB list and auto-buy authors list, i.e. try to be less impulsive, stay away from authors I already know don't work for me :P

What do you think? Sure, they are simple rules, but like I said in the comment section... the goal is to limit the number of books I buy, not completely stop. The unknown factor is going to be new authors and which books get a buzz in blogland ^_^; I'm trying to set a number, like perhaps 2 new authors a month? Or is 4 a better number - 1 book/week? Thing is, this is hard to predict...

Anyway, I have to get back to work :(