Friday, July 24, 2009

Review: Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh

Eeeeh, I'm late for work, so I'll try to do this quick!! I have to say though, I don't care. It's finally Friday!! Yay!! No seriously, this week was bad. I was in a wicked mood and work was abysmal :( All I wished since Wednesday was for the week to be over and it went by soo, oh sooo, slowly T_T Hopefully, today will go better.

Tomorrow, I'm heading out to Quebec City for the week-end. My cousin and aunt organized a surprise party for my uncle - 50 years old ;) Seriously can't wait!!

Otherwise, I have another buddy review up at Breezing Through. I know, shocking!! LOL :P Two in one week!! I wanted to space it out, but since they were ready... :P This time, my buddy reviewer is Cindy and we had lots of fun!! Click here to read our review of Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh!


Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh
publish
ed by Berkley Sensation in July 2009

Though DarkRiver sentinel Mercy is feeling the pressure to mate, she savagely resists when Riley Kincaid, a lieutenant from the SnowDancer pack, tries to possess her. The problem is not simply that he pushes her buttons; the problem is that he’s a wolf, she’s a cat, and they’re both used to being on top.

But when a brilliant changeling researcher is kidnapped from DarkRiver territory, Mercy and Riley must work together to track the young man—before his shadowy captors decide he’s no longer useful. Along the way, the two dominants may find that submitting to one another uncovers not just a deadly conspiracy, but a passion so raw that it’ll leave them both branded by fire…

13 comments:

  1. Awww, sorry you had a cruddy week. Have a fabulous weekend, have fun at the party, and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nath! I hope your weekend is fun and relaxing and that next week is better than this one was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun weekend! I haven't read BbF yet so I'll wait on reading the review. I really need to get to Borders this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - Where have you been?

    Thanks, I hope the week-end will change my mood! :)

    Brie - Thanks Brie :) I definitively hope... anyway, August will be better for sure, since he's going to be gone for 3 weeks! Yay!!

    Psst, did you enjoy Twisted Creek?

    Leslie - You don't have BbF? How are you surviving? LOL :P If you hit Borders, let me know what you get :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend Nath - you work too hard not to have fun!

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started this series. Read a review on the first and went to the library. Finished it, reviewed it, bought book 2 as an ebook that same day. Then finished that almost as fast. Now I've read book 3 but have to wait for the library for the rest :(

    Have a great week-end and enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy - Thanks Cindy :)

    I hope you have lots of fun this week-end too, although it's almost over ^_^;

    Book Dragon - I think this is a great series. If you loved the first 3 books, you'll love all the others as well :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got it! I got it! Now I just need to find time to read it. LOL And I was really good - it's all I bought at Borders. *I won't count the 3 UBS I stopped at & the 10 books I got* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leslie - Yay!! I hope you enjoy it!! 3 UBS? Lucky you!! What did you get, what did you get? and seriously, new books vs. old books, old books definitively don't count!!

    Psst, I finally started Nightlife!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's what I got ~

    The Dispossessed by Ursula Le Guin
    The Tycoon's Rebel Bride by Maya Banks
    Sam's Creed by Sarah McCarty
    Hara's Legacy by Bianca D'Arc
    Extreme Danger by Shannon McKenna
    Almost a Gentleman by Pam Rosenthal
    Amber by Night by Sharon Sala
    Devil's Bargain by Jade Lee
    What Happens in London by Julia Quinn
    Mountain Wild by Stacey Kayne

    Be gentle on Nightlife. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leslie - Good haul, Leslie :) Score on the Julia Quinn!!

    and OMG, you found a copy of Amber by Night?!?! :) I hope you enjoy it!! :) I've been looking for this one forever and thanks to the awesomest Ames, I got it!! I read it last Friday and while the beginning was slow, it picked up :) Is it for your Year of the Category Challenge? :P

    LOL, I will be gentle on Nightlife. So far, I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're the reason Amber by Night was on my list. You mentioned it so I stuck it on the list. I've never read Sharon Sala and thought I'd start with that one. I'll read it for this month's category challenge.

    YEAH! for Nightlife. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie - Hmm, I hope you enjoy it :) Although I don't think this is a good example of her work. I think that her full-length novels are much better :)

    I'm done with Nightlife. Review to come this week :)

    ReplyDelete