Monday, September 06, 2010

Hauling Sunday X

Arrghhhh... I'm late again this week! However, it's a long week-end and so, today should be considered Sunday, right? LOL. Or, I could rename this Hauling Xday. Hmmm, something to consider.

So, how was everyone's Labor Day week-end? Mine was okay-ish. Met some friends on Saturday, then came home early; however, I read till 3.30am. Woke up at 9am, ate lunch at 4pm after some grocery shopping and errands. By the time I ate, I had a killer headache ^_^; To get rid of the headache, I slept which is why my post is late ^_^; It kind of ruined my week-end, which is why it was only so-so. Today, I cleaned a bit, played the Wii a bit, read a bit and watch a bit of TV. Everything in moderation, LOL.

Now, let see what I bought last week :)



The Grimrose Path by Rob Thurman - LOL, need I say anything about this book except two words: Rob Thurman. This is her other series, Trickster, which takes place in the same world, but in a different city with different characters. However, it seems there's a small cross-over as I spot the name Ishiah!!!

My Lord Scandal by Emma Wildes - I read Lessons from a Scarlet Lady and enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to read more of her work :) By the way, something I didn't know: this is the first book in a trilogy and the three books will be back-to-back releases :) Cool!

Cold Magic by Kate Elliot Kmont has just reviewed this book last week and gave it a very good grade. Plus, this is a steampunk fantasy and I've been wanting to read more of this genre :)


One book that I was expecting to add to this haul was Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie, but it still hasn't arrived! I don't get it... especially since bookstores have received their stock of  No Mercy by Sherrilyn Kenyon which is coming tomorrow. Weird, no?

What about you? Was it a good week?

10 comments:

  1. Ohh I just finished Maybe This Time! I really enjoyed it. Hope your copy comes in soon!

    Crusie is going to be at a book signing her in Coulumbus tonight... guess who's gonna be there??!!

    THIS GIRL! :D

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you reading until 3.30? I wanna know what kept you up so late. LOL

    Hope you find the Crusie this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the headache - hope you are feeling much better now. I haven't bought any books yet (have a ton in the TBR pile) but I finally grabbed a Kresley Cole off the pile and I plan on reading it over the next few days.

    Weekend was very nice - little problem with my sleeping but that's never new ;)

    cindyS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steampunk fantasy? I haven't been tempted yet to read it but maybe you can convince me like you have with YA. Lol.

    Like Leslie, I'm curious what got you reading until 3:30??

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3:30am! Wow!!! If i'm up that late, it's cause I can't sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mollie - I hope so, Mollie, but still no luck so far :(

    and lucky you!!! One of the major reasons I went to RT was to meet Ms Crusie and it was a bummer she wasn't there :( You're so lucky that she lives in Ohio :P Take some pics!!

    Leslie - LOL, it was actually a re-read ^_^; The Golden Chance by Jayne Ann Krentz :)

    I'm reading The Grimrose Path and it's pretty good so far :)

    Tracy - It does, right? :)

    Cindy - Oh, it's my fault. I brought it on ^_^; LOL, a ton in the TBR pile does not stop me from buying new books unfortunately ^_^;

    Which Kresley Cole did you pick up?

    Glad you had a nice week-end :)

    Tabitha - LOL, let me read it and then, I'll convince you :) Are you planning to read the new Meljean Brook series? Actually, do you read Meljean Brook?

    and LOL, it was The Golden Chance by Jayne Ann Krentz - a re-read... and I actually blame you LOL! You sent me the list of your purged books and I zoomed in on the JAK, but couldn't remember if I had my copy of The Golden Chance. Turns out, I do and I felt like re-reading it :)

    Isabel - LOL, sleeping is rarely a problem for me ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul, nath!
    I remember you enjoying that first Emma Wildes book a few months back. I wanted to read it too, but never got around to picking it up. This one sounds even better. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

    I read Kmont's review of Cold Magic, too. Tell me how you like this one, too. Maybe I'll pick it up as well.

    Enjoy your books, nath! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nath! Sorry your weekend wasn't better. What only three books, LOL? You are losing your touch!

    Let me see the last book I bought was A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James, which was fantastic by-the-way. I need to make a trip to the book store because there are books I want. I want the Crusie as well, don't know how I feel about paying for hardcover when I didn't like her last one. Maybe I can get it from the library.

    I have Kresley Coles latest, but I haven't been in the mood for paranormal. Yikes! I am more into contemporary and historical right now. I think I will read vintage SEP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine - Thanks Christine :) Yes, I enjoyed the Emma Wildes I read previously, so hoping this one is a hit as well :D

    LOL, I saw the grade for Cold Magic and I was like, I want to try it out :) I haven't read Kmont's review though... so crossing my fingers :)

    Jill - I'll let you know Jill that I've been quite a good girl lately LOL. Shocking, right? :P

    Yes, I read your review of A Kiss at Midnight. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I might try it out if I find a used copy. Seriously, the Avon books are expensive!!

    Seems the reviews agree for Maybe this Time, that it's good :) I know I'll have to wait forever if I wait for a library copy ^_^; Although at this point, it still hasn't shown up in bookstore. I mean, seriously?!?

    ReplyDelete