Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXVIII

Hello everyone!

I hope you're having a nice week-end!! Mine has been very relaxing so far :) I've read and blog-hopped, watched a little bit of TV and have been keeping an eye on the women curling provincial playdowns :) I can't wait for the national to start!!

I've also worked on my Monthly Reads post for December :) It's going well, I'm half-way done! yay! Might not have it done by Tuesday, but definitively some time next week. And then, I'll have to start on January. LOL, never ending circle!

Finally, I broke down and went to buy some books!! It seems that I cannot go three weeks without buying books ^_^; Have to say though, I was starting to go into withdrawal I think.... Just so bored!! Nothing to read (okay, nothing new to read) and nothing to watch :( Plus, a crappy week at work... So I decided that buying a book would be a reward :)


She Tempts the Duke by Lorraine Heath - This book was my reward to the crappy week :) I've actually been trying to wait for some other releases to be available so I could use a coupon... but I really needed something to cheer me up. I've quite enjoyed Ms Heath's last trilogy, London's Greatest Lovers, and have been looking forward to the debut to her new trilogy :) Especially since the story sounded quite interesting :)

My Wicked Little Lies by Victoria Alexander - While stalking the online indicator to see what new releases made it to the bookstores, I realized that My Wicked Little Lies was already available as an ebook! Now, I really debated whether to buy My Wicked Little Lies in print or in e-format. I know I've been saying I should slowly make the switch from buying print to e-format, but at the same time, I'm a huge fan of Ms Alexander and reviews have been really good so far. This would definitively be a book I'd like to have in print I think... In the end, well, the price was too tempting and I wanted to read it now LOL.

So two books! Not bad right? I was looking at my spreadsheet and it feels to me that so far, I've been a really good girl :) What about you?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a crappy week, Nath! I'm glad that you at least found two books as a reward. *g*

    I'm looking at the Lorraine Heath book. Definitely. I enjoyed the first two books in her last trilogy too. I hope next week is better for you and that you get rid of that ennui. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books sounds great!!
    I think I'm going to try Ms Heath's new trilogy, it sounds good and I've liked her books in the past.

    Thanks for the heads up on that.

    And would you believe I've never read Victoria Alexander? I know, shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you had a crappy week at work, Nath!

    I bought a few books this week. Got First Grave on the Right, On the Edge by Ilona Andrews, Fates Edge by Ilona Andrews, and Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilcia - Thanks Hils :) and yeah, I'm glad I got my hand on these two books... because otherwise, I'd be pulling my hair out!! I'd just be so bored out of my mind LOL.

    I liked the Lorraine Heath. I think you should give it a go :) Much better than her last release :)

    Alex - Go for it Alex. I think you'll enjoy it :)

    LOL, not really. There's so much historical authors out there... A few years back, I haven't read her either :) But I hope that you'll enjoy her if you give her a chance :)

    Samantha - Thanks Samantha. This week is slightly better, thank god!

    Ohhhh, hope you enjoy First Grave on the Right. I thought it was really fun... and I'm waiting for Third Grave Ahead... but it's been delayed because of Fair Game, grrr.

    Seems like you're on a Kristan Higgins kick. Hope you like Fools Rush In. It was my first by her and one of my favorite :)

    By the way, did you already have Bayou Moon? It comes between On the Edge and Fate's Edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already finished First Grave... and loved it! I'm waiting for the second book to come in now. That' really sucks that Third Grave... was delayed because of Fair Game! Does that mean that you have to wait until March 6th before they'll ship that book to you? That's crazy.

    I am on a Kristan Higgins kick! I love that her contemporaries don't dip into mystery/suspense. For some reason it seems hard to find good straight up contemps.

    And yeah, I already had Bayou Moon. I decided to start with that one in the series, because I was temporarily avoiding On the Edge since it had two kids in it. Not a fan of children in my Urban Fantasies... or romances. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha - Yay, I'm glad you loved it Samantha! I think it's a great series so far :) Just hope that it'll stay that way.

    And yes, I have to wait till Fair Game. Well it's because I pre-ordered the book and I grouped the shipment. Amazon does the same. Usually, if they are from different warehouses, then I wouldn't have to wait... but it seems in this case, they are from the same warehouse :( Bummer really.

    What have you read of hers so far? I like her as well :) But while she doesn't dip in the suspense/mystery, she does in chick-lit in my opinion.

    Well I don't know, the kids weren't Rose, so it was a different dynamics and consideration.

    ReplyDelete