Thursday, November 14, 2013

Still here... recovering

Hi guys.

How are you doing? Hope things are going better for you than me :) Sigh, I'm just so ready for 2013 to be over ^_^; Anyway, I thought I'd write a post to let you guys know I'm still here. Sooo what happened is that last week, I started having abdominal pain again. Not going into a lot of details, I did end up getting my appendectomy on Wednesday; however, there were some complications. Got an abscess - not sure if it's from the wait since my appendix was already ruptured or the surgery - and also, wasn't able to pass gas or have a bowel movement... So I ended up staying in the hospital a few extra days. I finally got discharged on Tuesday, but still have the draining bag attached to the abscess. Then again, at that point, all I cared was going home.

Now that I'm home, I'm trying to take it easy. I'm not in too much pain, so that's good :) Still a bit paranoid and worried... then, who wouldn't be with a draining bag ^_^; Obviously, curling is out for now LOL. A pity. At least, I'm reading now which is good :) And hopefully, my blogging muse will come back to me so my blogging finally picks up :)

What about you? How have you been doing?

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are home now recovering. Get plenty of rest and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh OUCH - you have not been having a good 2013!

    I hope you feel better soon - take care of yourself.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry dear! I hope things get better. *hugs*
    And I get you on 2013, it has been a tough year :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nath! You had to go through with it afterall? I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. . . but, I'm so glad you're rid of it, and you're home recovering. Take your time and take care of yourself now. Read and relax, get ready for a good and healthy 2014! Hugs!

    XOXO

    Hils

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isabel - Thanks! That's what I'm trying to do.

    - See, when I think about it, 2013 wasn't that bad... but it seems that what jumps to my mind foremost is the not so awesome stuff ^_^; I think at the end of it, 2013 was just a very stressful year.

    Alex - Hopefully, 2014 will be more gentle to us :)

    Hilcia - Yeah, I had to go through with it afterall. Which I expected... What I didn't expect was the speed of it all. Seriously, for all the trouble I got, I wished they had done the surgery the first time I went to the hospital... but alas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Li, for some reason, your name didn't appear ^_^;

    Li - See, when I think about it, 2013 wasn't that bad... but it seems that what jumps to my mind foremost is the not so awesome stuff ^_^; I think at the end of it, 2013 was just a very stressful year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nath...I'm sorry to know you've had all those problems... I hope you get better, you know it will take time so...take care and don't rush anything...
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete