Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hauling Sunday CXXIV

Hey everyone :)

How are you doing? Hope everything is well for everyone :) Me, I feel good which is great and so far, I've managed curling, blogging and reading! Really a great start to 2014 :P Although I have to admit, I have no idea how long I'm going to be able to maintain it ^_^; Especially when you add in the sport watching (tennis and curling) and with the Olympics coming up... However, I'm optimistic :) The only thing I wish I could do better was blog-hopping and commenting. Will have to figure out a schedule for it. What  about you, how's 2014 for you so far?

So this week, I bought some books :) Yay! Indigo/Chapters had a good coupon: Buy 1 and get 50% off the 2nd book... which really, is the same as the "buy 3, get the 4th free" promo. I hope there are going to be some good promotions throughout the year because with the Canadian dollar weakening, books are going to get expensive. Already, I don't save as much on Book Depository... and Berkley has started rising its price on some releases, sigh, and I'm sure they won't be the only one. This year's book-buying is going to be interesting...

This week, I bought some books that I've already read, but wanted to own: The Grendel Affair, How to Run with a Naked Werewolf and The Spider.  When the Rogue Returns was a score, since the book is coming out this Tuesday. Finally, one of my favorite authors, Laura Florand, also had a self-published book out, The Chocolate Temptation, and I snagged it up :)




Any new precious on your shelves?

3 comments:

  1. I really need to read that series by Estep. I have read a bunch of the Mythos and most of her Superhero series, but still haven't started that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I just read a review on the Sabrina Jeffries but I'm still hesitant to get it. I'll look forward to your thoughts on it and then decide....(no pressure or anything, haha).

    As for my 2014, so far I'm off to a great start with watching movies but I'm two books behind in my reading (according to my GR widget thingy), I need to make time to read more. Wish me luck!

    And good luck on all of your many activities...may you find time for all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kailana - Did you read any books in the series yet? I can't remember ^_^; I haven't followed up on her Mythos series. It just didn't hook me as her Elemental Assassin series.

    Rowena - I haven't seen reviews for the Sabrina Jeffries yet. I haven't read the first book ^_^; So I don't know when I'm going to read it, but Ms Jeffries is on my auto-buy authors list so you know :P but hopefully, it'll be good.

    Don't pressure yourself! Forget the GR widget thingy! and you know you're going to make it up LOL

    ReplyDelete