Friday, January 03, 2014

My Life According to Books I Read in 2013

It's Friday, yay!! And today, I played hooky from work ^_^; While it's not as cold as what Ames has lived through the last couple of days, it's still plenty cold for me: -20⁰C (-4F) and -29⁰C (-20F) with windchill. Brrrr. So yes, if I have the option, I will stay home and warm :)

The past couple of years, I've enjoyed wrapping up the year with this meme. It's just a fun exercise of wittiness LOL. I can't remember who started it off, but among my blogger friends, Christine from The Happily Ever After... is the one who has been perpetuating it :) You can read her 2013 edition as well as all the details for the meme here :P

Ready for my answers? LOL.


Describe yourself:
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

How do you feel:
Brazen by Kelley Armstrong

Describe where you currently live:
Snow-Kissed by Laura Florand

If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

Your favorite form of transportation:
Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong

Your best friend is:
Revenge of the Girl with a Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg

You and your friends are:
Two of a Kind by Susan Mallery

What's the weather like:
Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

What is life to you:
Love Lessons by Heidi Cullinan

Favorite time of day:
Darkening Skies by Bronwyn Parry

Your fear:
Double Crossed by Ally Carter

What is the best advice you have to give:
Beware of the Boss by Leah Ashton

Thought for the day:
Can't Stop Believing by Jodi Thomas

How I would like to die:
Kiss of Venom by Jennifer Estep

My soul's present condition:
Wrecked by Shiloh Walker

My family is:
Always on my Mind by Jill Shalvis



My previous editions...

My Life According to Books I Read in 2011
My Life According to Books I Read in 2012

***

I hope you guys enjoyed the meme and hope to read your edition!!

12 comments:

  1. I wish I could have played hooky :-) I only had a two-day week and I'm shattered.

    I always like reading everyone's answers to this meme, but it's a touch too creative for me! I suspect I'll just be looking very blankly at the prompts and my list of books for a while...

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! On another note, I have no idea HOW I missed Loki's Wolves in 2013. I only heard of it when I saw it on best of lists. I thought I had all Armstrong books and quickly remedied that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, it's sad when your own blog eats your comment ^_^;;;

    Li - It's hard to go back to work after the holidays! You always feel like you need more days to recover... and seriously, I'm happy I played hooky today because ugh, don't feel that well :(

    It's actually a really fun meme to do and you don't have to be that creative, Li, because it depends on the books you've read! Some are also very easy to answer LOL, such as the weather one :P As long as I have something with "cold" or "winter", I'm good :P Give it a try, Li! Want to see what you can come up with :P

    Kailana - Probably because it wasn't Kelley Armstrong on the cover LOL. Have to say though, it wasn't her best book. Don't know if it's because it read a bit too young or because the concept was no original enough :( In any case, as a fan, I understand your urge to own all of her work!

    On a sidenote, are you going to give Bitten the TV series a try? It starts next week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nath, great titles.
    I hope everything is better with you now!!
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was adorable!!
    I hope this year is full of al things awesome for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post. I want to do it! Loved your answers, they worked so well with the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonia - Happy New Year to you too, Sonia!!

    And LOL, as much I would like to take the credit, well I didn't come up with these titles :) Just used them cleverly LOL.

    Alex - Hopefully you and me, Alex! and thanks, it was a fun meme!

    Wena - Do it, Wena!! It's fun! Also, you read so much in the past year! I'm curious to see what you can come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay! Thanks so much for playing along again this year, nath. I love this meme.. so glad it's what forced me to dust off the old blog for the first time in two months. I've never done that before... even when I was in construction hell with our house in 2009. Anyway...

    I LOVE, love LOVE your answer for DESCRIBE YOURSELF. PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

    I'm always so amazed how many different answers people come up with to describe winter weather through book titles.

    xxxx Happy, Healthy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your answers to the meme, nath. That looks like a really fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the answer for advice you have to give. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine - No problem Christine! It really is a fun meme :P I think 2013 was just meh for us bloggers, especially the ones that have been around for a while. I mean, we all got into a blogging funk and you know, blogging is changing... so be too harsh on yourself for it.

    LOL, I thought it was a good one, my answer to "Describe Yourself" and it's true for most of the time :P At least, for me :P

    I love the weather question because it's one of the easiest :P This time of the year, as long as you have something about cold, you're good :P

    Happy New Year to you too, Christine!

    Jan - Give it a try, Jan :P

    Ames - I know right? As soon as I saw it, it was perfect. Especially given the boss I have right now ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so great! Love these answers. Brazen :)

    ReplyDelete