Sunday, January 03, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!!


Happy New Year!!
May 2016 bring you good health, prosperity 
and 
many, many good books!

So... it's been a while everyone! I thought I'd start 2016 on the right foot by popping up with a post and catch with everyone :) At least, let you all know that I'm alive and doing okay :)

I don't really have any excuses for the long radio silence except for the usual - real life has been busy. Most of the time, it's been a good sort of busy - curling, guests, friends and reading. Also, the past few months, I've added TV to the mix and well, you know ^_^;

For the moment, I can't promise that 2016 will be better blogging-wise. I really wish so and honestly, it shouldn't be very hard as I've had a paltry 16 posts in 2015 ^_^; However, I already know that 2016 will be extremely busy - 3 weddings that all involve traveling as well as the curling season still being in full swing for the next 4 months and 2 week-end trips in the near future... but really, the biggest problem is my reviewing muse still missing :( But I want to try!! If not book reviews, I'll at least try to post something book-related... or not :) One thing I know for certain is that this blog is not going anywhere. I'm not taking it down any time soon...

One thing that I think will help my blogging is spending less time playing Candy Crush and Farm Heroes. Actually, that should help every aspect of my life because those games are so time-consuming!! ^_^; So that one of my resolutions this year... along with, trying to take it easy and stress less. I don't know what's been happening to me in the past few years, but I feel like I've been making a mountain out of molehill for almost everything... which means more running around, more stress... and I don't need that. Will see how that goes :)

So this is it for now. Unfortunately, there'll probably be no numbers post for 2015... First because I didn't keep my spreadsheet up-to-date ^_^; and also because all the books I brought back from RWA kind of screw up the numbers a little :P But I'll see what I can come up with to make it up :)

What about you? How were your holidays? Any resolutions for 2016?

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family, Nath! Wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2016!

    It sounds as if there are many fun events in near future. :) Enjoy!

    I am so very happy that you will be hanging around this upcoming year. I would miss you terribly if you didn't. Looking forward to your reviews and/or personal blog posts.

    PS: I stopped playing Candy Crush, and am deleting from my devices! Addictive, addictive, addictive!

    Bookish Resolutions: Make the time to blog and review more often, even if they are minis; read at least 100 books; read more print books; complete the 2016 TBR Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you stop playing Candy Crush does that mean Wendy might finally be able to catch up with you? Because right now you're the only person in my circle of Facebook friends that is ahead of me. Uh, which also indicates I might have a wee issue with the Candy Crack myself.....

    My goal this year is to find some sort of reading groove and be more consistent. I'd go days without reading a single word, and then inhale a book in one sitting. I'd like to find some sort of rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Nath!

    I'm glad to know you're not planning to stop blogging anytime soon. Nothing wrong with curling, friends and reading ;-)

    I'm back to work tomorrow (together with 90% of the working population, I'm guessing), so I'm obviously making the most of the last few hours by spending time on the internet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilcia - Thanks Hils! Happy New Year to you and your family! Hopefully, 2016 will be a good and fun year for everyone :)

    Yes, many fun events that will keep me very busy! I'm pretty sure that eventually, we'll be headed for your neck of the woods, Hils! Hopefully, you're not tired of seeing us! ^_^;;

    Well I felt bad... because in the past, whenever some bloggers would mention calling it quit, I would beg them not to... and I just gave up way too easily. So I'm going to try :P

    Ha, I only play Candy Crush and Farm Heroes on FB... that's all I do on FB. I don't even know why I'm on FB so much nowadays!! As I never update my status or anything. Guess I should stop opening FB and that would help.

    RE your resolutions... 100 books, that should be feasible no? What was your number in 2016? I'm lucky, have no issue switching between print and e... so that's not a problem for me :P the 2016... It'd be cool if we could both manage it!

    Wendy - LOL, yes, you will catch up :) You're not that far behind though, aren't you? Isn't it sad though, how addictive those games are?!

    It'd be nice if you could find a reading groove. It really does help the reading... However, it also depends on how busy you are/real life :(

    Li - Happy New Year Li!

    Stopping no... How much will I blog though, that's a mystery. I hope to get back in a certain rhythm. Not disappear again for such a long period of time.

    Going back to work sucks... why do we have to work?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isabel - Happy New Year Isabel! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete