Monday, August 08, 2016

Annual BBQ 2016

Wassup everyone? So during this week-end, I took the executive decision that I would do the 30 Day Blog Challenge during the week days LOL. So I'll try to blog everyday for 6 weeks instead of the whole month of August... because the upcoming week-ends are going to be busy and I need inspiration and frankly, a break also :) For everyone and everything, I think it'll be better that way :)

So this week-end was our annual BBQ. I think this is our 15th edition in 16 years. Not bad right? :) Everything went without a hitch - guess we've finally fallen into a good routine. This year went especially well and we finished cooking the food before sunset - which meant we weren't in the dark for cleanup and avoided the mosquitoes! Yay! And the weather held up!! We had a bout of rain in the morning that got me worried, but after that, we had really nice weather :) That's always a gamble since we set the BBQ date so early - usually months ahead.

Here are some pictures ;)






 Fun day overall :)

Other than that, I've been having a blast watching the Olympics!! Oh and I'm re-reading Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan. Don't know why I haven't re-read it for so long... but still love it!!

4 comments:

  1. Love BBQ's and spending time with friends and family so I'm glad you had a great day and that the weather kept for you guys. :)

    I'm loving all of the Olympics coverage too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Looks like fun was had by all and no one went home hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks great! And it looks like somebody was having a little Sangria. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rowena - I'm so glad the weather held up, Wena! Just before the guests start arriving, it rained for about 30 minutes. Scared the shit out of me!! LOL. My house does have an awning which is why I'm the one who usually host the BBQ... but it's just not the same to BBQ under the rain.

    Ames - LOL, I hope not! They were able to doggie-bag the leftovers!

    Leslie - Yep, she decided this year, she wanted to make sangria. I said go for it :P

    ReplyDelete