Monday, January 04, 2010

Re-Read Challenge 2010

Year 2009 is over, onto year 2010!

Originally, I didn't plan to continue hosting the Re-Read Challenge this year. Partly because many ended up not making it. I mean, the number of entries doesn't matter, but you know... Then, I remembered that people are enjoying this challenge - participants and non-participants. It makes us rediscover favorites and make other, discover new books that they've missed. So I changed my mind and decided to host it another year :)

This year though, the rules are going to be a different... as in, there are going to be less rules :)

There will be no sign-up. Whoever wants to participate can do it and bloggers can join whenever they want. Unfortunately, there will be no monthly prizes. Instead, I will do a bigger prize at the end of the year. I still haven't decided what it will be and what will be the conditions. I will let everyone know about the prize later :)

Basically, the goal of the Re-Read Challenge remains the same: re-read a book and review it at the end of the month. There is no condition for the book itself, as long as you've read it at least once before, it qualifies. As usual, I will put up a post where participants can leave the link to their review :) I'm aiming for the last day of the month for the review, but I'll extend the review period if the last day turns out to be a week-end.

And that's it :D

Since it's a new year, I've made some icons for the Re-Read Challenge 2010. I can't choose which one I like best, so I'll let everyone make their own choice :) I know, they all look pretty much alike :P If you could post it on your sidebar and link back to this post it'd be great. Putting it in the review post each month is good, but not necessary :)


*I'd like to thank the Bookstores in Spokane blog for letting me use the image for the icon!

17 comments:

  1. This is great, nath! I loved reading all the reviews from the Re-read challenge last year. Just grabbed your little icon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilcia - I'm glad you're joining the challenge, Hils :D Can't wait to see what books you'll choose :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the 4th icon because the inscriptions are clearest (is that a word??) there but...I think I'll go with #2 because both the book backgrounds and the words are clear. Go #2! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking a lot since the New Year (4 days of thinking does hurt) and I'm going to challenge myself with my reading. So I'm in as I have often thought 'oh I would so love to re-read that book' etc. And Anne Stuart can always use a few newer reviews ;)

    And I have also picked 2!

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tabitha - Yes, I think clearest is a word. If not, it's okay, I know what you mean. I like #2 or #4 LOL.

    Isabel - Yay!! :)

    Cindy - I'm glad you're joining this year :D Don't forget, this is just for fun - no pressure :)

    LOL, I think I'm going to see a lot of Anne Stuart reviews in the next few months :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to do this, but I am horrible at reviews and I don't have anywhere to review it. Maybe I will just play along for myself :D As for the icon thingy's. I like #2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nath - *deep breath* I'm going to try to take part this year again. New year, new start, right?

    Seriously, I loved the re-reads I did last year, both the actual reading and the write-up explaining just why I loved this book enough to re-read it. Now, I just need to get myself organised...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sign me up! Before this challenge, I almost never re-read. It's really helped me discover lots of reasons to re-read.
    I'm hoping to do better in 2010 with my participation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natasha - Give me time and I'll try to think of a solution :D

    Li - Yes, new year, new start!! I'm glad that you're willing to participate even if last year was not ideal :D

    Renee - Yay!! The more, the merrier :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one challenge that I truly enjoy following as a spectator. However, since you're not doing an official sign up ... I might just join in one or two months. I already have one book that I read last year on my nightstand that I want to re-read because I read it in 15 hours or something like that and I want to read it again but SAVOR it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine - Can't wait to find out what book that is! and yes, I know what you mean... sometimes, we do read too fast ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in! I debated joining this challenge because there are so many new books out there waiting to be read, but then I remember all the great books I've already read and I know I want to revisit them - your challenge gives me the reason to do that.

    :o)

    MsM

    http://moonlighttotwilightblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. MsM - Sorry for the late reply!!

    I'll be looking forward to your entries :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. My January review: "White Lies" by Linda Howard

    http://moonlighttotwilightblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/white-lies-by-linda-howard.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know where to put this, I don't see an area for our March re-read books (maybe I need more coffee!).
    Anyway, my March Re-Read book is "Colters' Woman" by Maya Banks

    Review on my blog here: http://moonlighttotwilightblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/colters-woman-by-maya-banks.html


    :o)

    MsM

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know its a bit early for my May re-read book, but I wanted to post it before I forget to!
    I re-read "The Fulfillment" by LaVyrle Spencer for my May re-read.

    http://moonlighttotwilightblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/fulfillment-by-lavyrle-spencer.html

    :o)

    MsM

    ReplyDelete