Sunday, July 04, 2010

Hauling Sunday III

As some of you probably know already from Ames and Kristie's posts, Canada's biggest bookstore chain - Chapters/Indigo/Coles - has been having a "Buy 3, get the 4th free" promotion. Well, let just say I took advantage of it... Slight understatement ^_^;

I divided them into genres, so it'd be easier to comment... LOL




My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then, I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

I'm not going to comment on each book, because that'd be very long ^_^; I got Two-Way Street and The Lonely Hearts Club on Ames recommendation. She has become my YA reference LOL. The others, I've got mainly to make up the 4th book in the promotion :P



Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas
Rushed to the Altar by Jane Feather
A Groom of One's Own by Maya Rodale

I was really looking forward for Beatrix' story in Love in the Afternoon. Great book, by the way :) As for Rushed to the Altar and A Groom of One's Own, well they had interesting blurb :D



Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
Demon Blood by Meljean Brook

Over the years, these two authors have become part of my favorites and I love their series. Any time they have releases coming out, I'm stalking the bookstores LOL.




Dark Decptions by Dee Davis
Money, Honey by Susan Sey
Coming Undone by Lauren Dane
Sugar Creek by Toni Blake

I've been intrigued by Money, Honey ever since I saw the cover. It looks cute and it sounds cute :) I've been wanting to try out a Lauren Dane book, hence Coming Undone. Sugar Creek, I picked up because I was looking a 4th book and remembered Kristie's good review :)




Some Girls Bite and Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill
Red Hot Fury by Kasey Mackenzie
Unholy Ghosts and Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane
Fatal Circle by Linda Robertson

Urban Fantasy comes out the big winner of my haul :P I bought the Chloe Neill books because I was looking for trade-size to buy and I've been eyeing this books for a while. The Stacia Kane books, I bought because Unholy Magic caught my eyes - the cover is really nice... and well, you know, should read Book #1 first :P Red Hot Fury, I picked up because the premises sound interesting and different... and finally, Fatal Circle, because I've enjoyed Vicious Circle :P

So there you have it... Yes, 20 books. The good news is I didn't buy them all at once. Nope, I went to the bookstores on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ^_^; Pretty crazy... LOL.

13 comments:

  1. 20 books in one week, and they're all new goodies. Wow.

    I'm curious for your take on Coming Undone by Lauren Dane. I really hope you enjoy the story and, most especially, her writing. She's one of my favorite authors. :)

    Chloe Neill has recently come to my attention. I'm looking forward to your reviews before I check her out. Lol.

    I've been stalking the bookstore for BOJ but so far, no show in any of the bookstores I've checked out. As for Demon Blood, I'm not sure if I'll pick up the book. I'm really behind on the series. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha - Yeah, it was a bit crazy LOL.

    I'm looking forward to Coming Undone :P Especially now that I know she's one of your favorite authors :P

    I'll let you know what I think of the Chloe Neill books :P

    Awww sorry for BOJ. But you got The Search :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nath, what a haul! I see you got Demon Blood already! Niice, I can't wait to read it. :) I'm planning on reading The Red Pyramid -- that's going to be a family affair, since my whole family has become Riordan fans. :D I hope this series is as good as Percy's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve got to divide them into genres? You believe in that slogan “Go big or go home” don’t you? LOL

    Wow – teasing aside, really amazing haul. And if I did the math right you got 5 of the 20 free which is awesome. :)

    Have you started the Vincent series yet? I don’t remember. I’m reading Married By Morning now & liking it, so happy to hear that Love in the Afternoon was very good.

    I’ve seen some Chloe Neill books at the library and thought about getting them but didn’t so I’ll wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet loot, nath!!! Bookstores must LOVE you! ;O

    I'm looking forward to My Soul to Keep. Hopefully the library will get it in soon. I keep checking!

    We actually have the Ally Carter book on our family bookshelf, but neither of my girls are picking it up! I would have sent it to you! LOL!

    I offered to buy my 11 y.o. the new Rick Riordan book but she said no! She loved the Percy books. What's up with that?

    The Lonely Hearts Club has gotten great reviews, I hope you like it, too.

    My teen read Two Way Street last summer or fall, I think. She liked it.

    I'll buy both Bonds of Justice and Demon Blood... both Nalini and Meljean are auto-buys for me even though I'm a book behind in the Psy-Changelings and maybe two books behind in the Guardians. Yikes!

    Everything else looks really fun, too!!
    Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You really did take advantage didn't you *g*.
    I'm not into YA - I have sort of a YA living with me these days ;-).
    I really enjoyed the Lisa Kleypas book too - and I really do need to do a review of the last two books!
    I haven't read Jane Feather in years! And I think I have one or two Maya Rodale in the TBR pile.

    And I hope you enjoy the Toni Blake book *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous your bookstores had the MB and NS already. I hate living in the middle of nowhere! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank the Lord! Someone who buys more books in a week than I do...

    ReplyDelete
  9. nath, you not only got me beaten you got me trounced with your haul! ;) I love that you thought you had to organize them into genres. :)

    I'm especially looking forward to the Meljean Brook novel. Maybe I should go ordering books this afternoon. You're always an inspiration! :)

    And although this goes without saying just by looking at the number of books, awesome haul, nath. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilcia - Yes, I know :)

    Yup, I got Demon Blood and I'm going to read it soon. LOL, sometimes, I do wonder why I buy so much books, since I can't read them all... but shhh.

    Oh, I'm looking forward to see what you think of The Red Pyramid :) I like the idea of siblings in this book....

    Leslie - LOL, well it was better than separating them in purchase ^_^; and LOL, there was a sale! What do you want me to do? LOL.

    Yep, 5 free books and among them was a trade-size, so really, it was worth it :) Especially since so many books, I would have gotten anyway.

    Still haven't started on the Vincent series yet, but it's on my list to read this summer :P Very soon.

    Oh, Love in the Afternoon is so much better than Married by Morning... but I was prejudiced... never really liked Catherine.

    LOL, I'll let you know on the Chloe Neill when I get to them :)

    Christine - LOL or find me very annoying ^_^;

    You enjoyed the Vincent series so far?

    Oh, it's okay, Christine. The Ally Carter is not very expensive. I've just been wanting to try it out since I met her at RT and she was very fun.

    I don't know about the Red Pyramid. I've been hesitant about that one as well... but we'll see :) Maybe when there'll be more books out in the series or it'll have more buzz, then she'll want to read it?

    You read The Lonely Hearts Club, right? That one and Two Way Street are Ames rec, so I'm very hopeful :P

    I hope you catch up on the Psy-Changeling and the Guardians series. I'm one behind in the Guardians... but I don't know. I might just skip and read Demon Blood :P

    Kristie - LOL, yes, I did!

    LMAO at your YA comment. Gosh, LOL. Maybe it'll inspire you to write books for the parents of the YA :P

    I'm glad you enjoyed the Lisa Kleypas book. It was great! I read it in one evening. Just loved it and I got Ames to read it too :P

    I've never read Jane Feather, but this one sounds pretty good :D As for Maya Rodale, well this is the first I "hear" of her. The blurb was very cute though :)

    LOL, no pressure on the Toni Blake for either one of us, k? :P

    Ames - I'm so sorry, Ames ^_^; I hope that by now, they have shown up on the bookstores!!

    Rosie - LOL, I'm thinking you guys love me... cos you can show your husband, friends, family who complains that there's someone crazier than you! LOL.

    Taja - LOL, but then I live in a country that "sells" books in English... unlike you :P We never know, otherwise, your haul might have been bigger :P

    So, did you order the new Meljean Brook?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about a HAUL. Madly jealous here.

    I've read the Ally Carter - I'll be interested to hear what you think about it. I liked it, but not enough to buy the next. I suspect it's the sort of series that gets better a few books in.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Nath that's a lotta books! :)

    Two Way Streets sounds good. I got Unholy Ghosts from the library recently. Been hearing a lot about the series and it had me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lie - LOL I know. I went a bit crazy ^_^;

    I don't know about Ally Carter, her books just sound so fun. We'll see how it goes. I have this one and the first of her other series as well. Crossing my fingers :P

    Mollie - LOL, yes it was ^_^;

    Hey, let me know when you finish reading Unholy Ghosts :) Maybe we can buddy review it together!!

    LOL, it's so fun to read your comments, because now I have your voice in my mind :P

    ReplyDelete