Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hauling Sunday V

Oups, this post is quite late... but it's still Sunday and I do have new books :D Woohoo! Now, let just see if I can remember what I bought LOL.


So here is my haul for the week:

All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins - She's on my auto-buy list. I find her books are fun and enjoyable... Only problem, they are pretty much all the same ^_^;

SOS: Convenient Husband Required by Liz Fielding - Read a review from Dear Author. I don't really know why I picked it up. Something about it attracted me, probably the storyline as I enjoy marriage of convenience plots.

Marked by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon - This one is thanks to Kristie's review :D I passed this over when I first saw it on my own. I think we all feel the same, a little burned out on paranormal, right? However, despite the cover and labeling, it seems the paranormal element is not central. I guess I'll have to find out on my own :)

Dark and Stormy Knights is an anthology. Bought it for Jim Butcher and Ilona Andrews entries :) True, it's expensive for a few entries, but they're usually quite good. Too bad this time around, there's no Ms Brigg's entry though...

Swept Aside by Sharon Sala - Last book of the trilogy. I still haven't read book #2. I don't know, I'm having a block as the first book wasn't really great. However, we'll see too I guess :P


The King's Bastard by Rowena Cory Daniells - This one was brought to my attention by Nalini Singh's blog. A recommendation from one of my favorite authors is worth checking out :D


I really have down the delivery schedule of publishers and let me tell you, it's a cool thing LOL. I put off going to the bookstore on Monday even though they had Dark and Stormy Knights because I knew they usually receive the Mira/Harlequin on Tuesday... and guess what? They indeed did! Only problem is that when I got to the bookstore, James hadn't put aside Dark and Stormy Knights for me ^_^; and he had no ideas where the copies were although he's seen them. So I had to come back the next day. Not a huge problem for me and I got to save even more money (I have 25% off coupons but only on 1 item per purchase). Then, he told me me on Wednesday that I had nothing left on my list... so now, I have write it up for the next few months... What books are you looking forward to in the next, say 3 months?

9 comments:

  1. I never doubted that you would have new books this Sunday even though the post was maybe a bit late.^^ As always, nice haul, nath! :)

    I think the cover of The King's Bastard looks interesting and I'm a little burned out on paranormals, too. Although, LOL, I had the urge to read the first three novels in Singh's Psy/Changeling series a few weeks ago.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to see what you think of the Higgins. And thanks for reminding me to request the anthology from the library.:)

    Wow - nothing on the list. We better do something about that. LOL

    Elizabeth Hoyt's Wicked Intentions (Aug 1)

    Erin McCarthy's Hot Finish (Aug 3)

    Burning Up antho. w/Knight/Singh/Kantra/Brook (Aug 3)

    Zoe Archer's Warrior (Sept 7)

    Ilona Andrews' Bayou Moon (Sept 28)

    CJ's Double Cross (Sept 28)

    Do you use Wendy's list for historical releases? She has a huge list broken down by month.
    http://superlibrarian.wetpaint.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nath, I'm reading Knights... anthology ATM, hope you enjoy it. :)

    Nothing for the next couple of months?

    For Aug alone I have quite a few!:
    A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James 8/1
    Burning Up Anthology w/A Knight & N. Singh 8/3
    Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole 8/10
    Lord of the White Hell by Ginn Hale (M/M) 8/15
    Sin Undone by Larisa Ione 8/24
    Burning Up by Susan Andersen 8/31 (well...)
    Killbox (Jax) You don't read this one Ann Aguirre 9/
    The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook 10/5
    The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan 10/12
    Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews 10/20

    Should I keep going? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about your thoughts on the new Higgins book. I'll get it if you like it. LOL.

    The next three months, I'm looking to get:

    Burning Up by Susan Andersen - 8/31
    Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews - 10/1
    Last to Die by Kate Brady - 8/31
    Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole - 8/31
    Venom by Jennifer Estep - 9/28
    All Jacked Up by Lorelei James (paperback release) 10/3
    Shadows of Midnight by Elizabeth Jennings - 8/3
    Renegade by Lora Leigh - 8/31
    Finding Perfect by Susan Mallery (maybe) - 8/31
    Veil of Shadows by Shiloh Walker - 9/7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taja - LOL, thanks for your faith in me :P

    The King's Bastard sounds like a very typical fantasy series... hopefully, it'll surprise me :)

    Hmmm, if I remember correctly, you and Nalini Singh don't match right? Which books of hers did you try?

    Leslie - Well it's not nothing on the list, but more... the list is quite sparse LOL.

    The Higgins is pretty good. I'll try to review it soon :P

    Hmmm, I have Hot Finish, Burning Up and Bayou Moon on my list already. I usually don't check out Wendy's list, but thanks for reminding me :D

    Hilcia - What do you think of Knights? Good? I'm really only interested in the Jim Butcher and Ilona Andrews... but then again, Jim Butcher's story is not told from Harry or Thomas :( Bummer.

    You're going to try the new Kresley Cole? I think I'm going to wait till the reviews before getting it.

    Tabitha - Oh, Venom, definitively :D

    I did enjoy the Higgins, but it's not ground-breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great haul! I am really interested in reading Liz Fielding's novel. It looks like you have some fun reading ahead of you. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nath, I'm enjoying Knights... so far. You know I read anthologies to find new-to-me authors I might want to try & so far I've enjoyed more of the shorts than not.

    I haven't read the Harry Dresden series yet, so for me, the story in the anthology was great. It's told for Marcone's POV and hmm... he's an interesting character! Great perspective. Now I definitely want to begin reading the series from Harry's POV. :D Ilona's story is also good. And yes, I'm reading the new KC... I'm still enjoying that series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nath, yeah you remembered correctly. :)

    I re-read Slave to Sensation, Visions of Heat, Caressed by Ice (these are the books I have by Singh). Don't know what got into me.^^ I'm rather sure now it's mostly the characters (and sometimes the writing) that keep me from enjoying the novels completely. I like the world and premise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firepages - The Liz Fielding was okay. This was my first try at her books and while I enjoyed the writing, I felt the story was lacking a little bit.

    Hilcia - It's good to know :P Problem with most of the novellas in that anthology is that they're all from established series already.

    Just so you know though, Marcone is not such a big character in the Dresden Files. Also, I think you should try it out, the series... cos it's great and I'm sure you would enjoy it :D

    Taja - So, you didn't like them better this time around? Too bad you don't enjoy her books... but I'm like that too with some popular authors! (SEP, Suzanne Brockmann,etc.) and all I can give you like advice is don't force it :P

    ReplyDelete