Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hauling Sunday XXX

Ouf, this week was busy and tiring! I fell behind early this week and never managed to catch up. Hopefully, I'll be able to do so this week-end... although so far, it doesn't seem so ^_^; Looks like I'm in a nostalgic phase... I watched some anime and read some manga this morning. Then, this evening, I watched some old TVB series and have been looking for the themesongs. Jeez, it's then that I realize how much time has gone by ^_^; I grew up with the 1980s and 1990s TVB series... some of the actors on whom I used to crush are turning 40!!! Although, you can't really tell LOL.

Julian Cheung Chi Lam

Louis Koo Tin Lok

Left pictures were taken in the 90s and right, 2011. LOL, I guess they both lost baby fat, but seriously, they don't look 40 :P Then again, Andy Lau, Tony Leung and company are 50... Hmmm LOL.

All right, enough of actors :) What you're interested in is what books I bought this week :P So here they are:





Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr - My enthusiasm for this series has been renewed :) I'm not sure about the heroine in this book tough, but I'm crossing my fingers :)

The Perfect Scandal by Delilah Marvelle - Still haven't read her previous book... still, I'm supporting the author because she's an awesome gal :P

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - I've been eying this book for a while now, because I read lots of good stuff on this book :) However, I was waiting for the mass market release... and I did!! LOL.

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder - I loved the Study books :P Still having read Inside Out, but so what? LOL. I have faith in Ms Snyder. Plus, they've been getting a good buzz :)

Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force - I want to read something contemporary :P

License to Ensorcell by Katharine Kerr - Always on the look out for interesting books :) In this one, the heroine is a psychic... and I'm in withdrawal, since there doesn't seem to be a FBI SCU book this year :(

So 6 books this week. Not too little, but not too much either :P By the way, while I haven't been blogging much, I am reading :) and before I purchased these books, I was down to 4 books bought in 2011 and unread. Not bad no? :) Of course, I should read a bit more from my TBR pile... but oh well :P

What about you? Bought any good books? :P

16 comments:

  1. Great books this week.
    Hex Hall is good - looking forward to the next book Demonglass.
    Love Maria V. Snyders Poison series, like you I have Inside Out but I haven't read it yet but am planning on buying Outside In.
    Love Marie Force - am thinking about getting this one.

    I have had no time to read this week - to busy with work. Haven't even finished Delirium which I have been reading for ages. I hope I have more time next week but I doubt it.

    Happy reading!
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that's Julian now? Why does he look like he's missing some teeth in that smile? I'm glad he has a better haircut now than he did then. Lol!

    I like Louis' acting. He's aged very handsomely and does NOT look 40. Time just really flies because I still can't believe these guys are that much older. Btw, Louis isn't all that much older than me. I like older men. We only have 12yrs difference between us! ^_^

    As far as book buys...I didn't realize Harvest Moon is out so soon after Wild Man Creek. I might pick it up too since I enjoyed WMC so much.

    I've been buying books - as you know, Deirdre Martin, Marie Force - but nothing that really grabs my attention. I'm looking forward to Cynthia Eden's release next week. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan, both those actors are worthy of a good crush! But, if I had to choose, I'd pick Louis Koo Tin Lok, wow! LOL! No... they don't look 40!


    From your books, I have got to try Marie Force! I know Tabitha loves her and I have her on my list of authors to read. :)

    What did I buy this week? Hmm... let's see:
    Here Comes the Groom by Karina Bliss, and The Last Goodbye by Sarah Mayberry, both category romances. Martina: A Beautiful Cockroach: A Cuban Folktale -- this is a children's book and a nostalgic buy. LOL! Dust by Elizabeth Bear -- the first book in a science fiction opera trilogy (the last book is coming out soon!). Prospero Lost by L. Jagi Lamplighter, a book I have to read for the Fantasy Book Club I joined. And A Fountain Filled With Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming, the second book in the Fergusson & Van Alstyne Mysteries. :) I think that's enough! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I typed Nathan! I meant Nath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul Nath. I read Everyone Loves A Hero by Marie Force in one sitting. I didn't think she'd outdo Love At First Flight. It's everything a contemp should be - sexy, funny, emotional and an added feature - it was so romantic. I was alternately sighing, tearing up or just plain melting.

    I hope I didn't build it up too much. I love evrything she's written so I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hex Hall!! YAY!
    I really hope you like it! And it's sequel it's even better!1.

    The other sound really good! :) hope you like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh excellent haul! I'm looking forward to the Virgin River, and the Marvelle's series. I've heard awesome things about Hex Hall and have been meaning to get it! Looking forward to your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're both good looking and 40 isn't that old! LOL

    It sounds like I really need to read Marie Force. I know I have at least one of her books on the tbr pile. Now to find it. :)

    I bought 2 ebooks, both BDSM by Cherise Sinclair - Master of the Mountain & Master of the Abyss. Yeah, I was in that kind of mood. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally - I hear you on being too busy to read, Sally. It sucks!! :( Hopefully, this week will be better :)

    Tabitha - Yep :) I don't think he changed much. As for the teeth, I think it's the picture that is bad. And the haircut, well that was the fashion 15 years ago LOL, can't do much about that :)

    Both are great actors in my opinion. and neither look 40 :P

    Well Harvest Moon comes out on the 22nd if I'm not wrong. Bookstore had it early :) And I hear you on nothing grabbing your attention :(

    Hilcia - LOL, I hope you meant Nath!

    LOL, I know, both worthy of crush :) Sigh. I feel like I'm a bit disconnected from the HK scene... even if I've been watching some tv series. That used to be my life.

    LOL, seems like you're catching up in your buying!! I'll bring the Marie Force this July for you as well :) I saw the Karina Bliss at Walmart the other day and was so tempted to buy it... then I decided I'd buy it in ebook format ;)

    Alex - Sounds promising!! :) I bet you I won't be able to wait till the mass market release for Demonglass. Sigh, that's so me LOL.

    Mary G - LOL, it's okay. I read it yesterday morning already :) This was my first Marie Force book, I have the other two in my TBR pile...

    There were good moments, but at the same time, there were a few things that bothered me :(

    Mollie - Hopefully, I'll review it after reading it ^_^; I'm so late in my reviews, but I'll let you know :)

    Leslie - LOL, not old... but I was more amazed at how little they changed over the years :)

    Maybe try the Marie Force book in your TBR pile first :)

    LOL, that kind of mood :) well it's nice, you know what you want to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Nath
    I bet I won't be surprised by the squiggly points you have but the strengths would have outweighed them for me. My experience is different because I won't be writing a review. Tell it like it is when the times comes. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary G - The primary purpose of reading a book for me is enjoyment, not reviewing. I'm not trying to be overly critical when I read something. I'll just pick up things along the way that I want to mention in the review... I guess I've just always been picky ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of good looking books there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good haul!!

    I'm going to get Hex Hall from the library. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kailana - Thanks Kailana :)

    Ames - Yeah, get it!! Maybe we can buddy review it then :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been seeing HEX HALL everywhere lately! Now I want to read it, too!

    Enjoy your haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christine - I think it's because the second book was just released :) In any case, it got a good buzz, so I'm crossing my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete