Sunday, April 01, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXXIV

Okay, okay, Leslie was right not to believe me in my last Hauling Sunday post. I did buy more books LOL. In my defense though, most of these books are coming out on Tuesday, which means April. Plus, we're really close to April, so I almost made it LOL.

On my first trip to the bookstore - yes, I went more than once...


About that Night by Julie James - I've really been looking forward to this book. I enjoyed the last one, A Lot Like Love, and hope to enjoy About that Night as much :)

I want Candy by Susan Donovan - I've been in the mood for contemporary romance, so I'm stocking up :) I tried buying I Want Candy at the beginning of March, but they couldn't find the book. Good thing because I got a coupon for an extra 15% off. Yay! Anyway, I enjoyed Cheri on Top and I hope I Want Candy will be a winner as well :)

***

I was actually planning to wait till Tuesday to return to the bookstore since Just Down the Road is on strict release date... but I went out for dinner with some friends and the restaurant was right in front! Who can resist? So on my second trip:


Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire - So I've been looking for new UF series and this is an author that Li has really enjoyed :) The only problem is her other series, Toby Dayes, is about fae and faeries and I'm not into that stuff. So I thought I'd give this one a try :) It sounds quite interesting!

The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley - It wasn't on the shelf the day before! I want to know what went on between Eleanor and Hart! Hopefully, it'll be good stuff :)

***

As you can see, I got a good haul, especially since most books are new releases. Speaking of new releases, Ames, Monroe and I have our monthly post up at Breezing Through! Take a look at what other books we'll be getting :)

10 comments:

  1. Is this the wrong time to tell you I prefer the Toby books to DISCOUNT ARMAGEDDON? ;-)

    Nah, I'm glad you're giving her a shot! It was still a fun read, I'll be interested to see what you think of it!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got About That Night?! What bookstore was this that had it early!? I can't wait to read it, it's one of my most anticipated books of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it's nice to be able to count on something. And you always have legitimate reasons for buying books when you do. It's only logical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!
    I'm really excited for About that night!!
    I've been waiting for it for a long while!
    And I hope you like it :)

    And enjoy all of your books :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Li - LOL, I had a feeling that you preferred the Toby books :) In any case, I'm going to give Discount Armageddon a go and see how I like it :) If I love the writing, I might go back and try the Toby Dayes books :) That's the plan for now :)

    Brie - I think you will enjoy it, Brie :) In any case, let me know! I'll try to review it soon :)

    Oh and I got it at the bookstore :) Bookstores around here get the books on the Wednesday/Thursday before the release dates... so depending whether it's no strict release date or not, they'll shelve it. Of course, it has to be a bookstore who is up-to-date :)

    Leslie - LOL, I see you watched the newest episode of BBT! Indeed, it's only logical! Plus, I did wait for the Susan Donovan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex - Thanks Alex ;) Seems a lot of people are waiting for the book! The wait will be done tomorrow! :) I hope you enjoy it :)

    I liked it, but I had one issue with it ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want ABOUT THAT NIGHT too!!!! I literally just read A LOT LIKE LOVE a week or two ago, and I was so freakin' excited to learn that the next book was Kyle's story!!! It sounds so good, too! GIMME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine - Well the wait is over, Christine! And lucky you, it wasn't even a month! Unlike us who had to wait a year LOL. You will definitively enjoy it, I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nath, I'm late. :(

    I'm so glad you got Discount Armageddon AND of course I'm also getting the book by Jennifer Ashley, AND I already have the book by Julie James! I'm ready for the Twitter Terrorist. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilcia - LOL, late for what?

    Good job on getting the Julie James :) I'm crossing my fingers for the Jennifer Ashley.

    ReplyDelete