Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXXVII

Guess what? I just came back from the bookstore :) I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself since the beginning of 2012 because I have stopped running after new releases so much. Oh I still want new releases... but I no longer hit the bookstore several times a week. Now, I can wait till the end of the week LOL. It's nice LOL.

So what did I get this morning? This one...


Deadly Descendant by Jenna Black - I read and really enjoyed the first book in the series, Dark Descendant. I'm hoping this one will be as good because I really wouldn't mind a new UF series :) If you're wondering a bit about the style, the best way to describe it right now is Percy Jackson for grown-up :)

***

Ah, but it's not because I only went to the bookstore once and bought one book that my post is over. Nope, that's the beauty of modern time :) No need to go to the bookstores to get books! Here is what I got in the mail...


The Witness by Nora Roberts - Need I say more?!? LOL, it's Nora Roberts!! I had no idea this was her 200th book. Unbelievable right? Anyway, I already finished reading this one and it was a winner! :) Review to come, hopefully tomorrow ;)

The Calling by Kelley Armstrong - I love Kelley Armstrong. However, I admit that these past couple of years, I haven't been on top as I'm usually is. Still, the world she has created is amazing and I'm not about to give her up either :) Hopefully, The Calling will be a winner :)

***

As I said, I've dropped behind on Ms Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. One of the reasons is because Ms Armstrong stretches herself a lot. I mean, some of her installments are published by Subterranean Press which are not the easiest to get your hands on. At least, not in print. E-books though? That's another story right? Especially when you consider the pricing! So that's what I did, I caught up on the series by buying these two books...


Angelic by Kelley Armstrong - This novella features Eve. She's not my favorite character which is why I didn't rush out to buy this book... Still, it's nice now to have the complete collection.

Counterfeit Magic by Kelley Armstrong - See, I'm actually a fan of Paige. I know, very rare LOL. But for some reasons, the blurb of this one didn't draw me in. So that's why I'm only getting it now...

***

So that's my haul for this week :) Not bad right?

7 comments:

  1. You're being a good shopper, Nath! Well, a retrained shopper. *g*

    The only book we share this week is The Witness by Nora! I'm reading it at the moment. Yeap. And, lol... I don't ever go to the book store any more, all my book shopping is done online. :( I miss my book stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw such self control, nath! ;p
    I haven't chased down new releases on release day/week in a couple of years. It sure does help control the book buying budget when you buy only when you're ready to read. My exception is literacy signings. Then I let loose and the sky's the limit! haha!

    I considered buying The Witness because it is Nora Roberts' 200th full length novel to be published. In fact, I considered declaring an overnight road trip with Hils, Mariana and Natalie to go to Boonsboro for the signing for this book JUST because it was a monumental one. But it seemed like a lot of time and money to do that.. and I know how hard it is for all of us to get away... and it would be a long one day trip .. and we're not young college kids anymore.. yeah. You see how I talked myself out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!
    Your post made me smile!
    YAY for stuff in the mail! It's awesome to get stuff in the mail in general, but when it's books it's a nother leve of awesome!!!


    YAY for the Kelley Armstrong books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good time management Nath. :)

    Yeah for the Roberts. I'm getting it this week and I've been reading such good reviews for it. Really looking forward to reading it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilcia - LOL, I am right? :P

    Ah, but if it had to be any book, I'd want it to be The Witness!! I hope you enjoyed it :)

    Well you know, I still getting print books... so no choice!

    Christine - You know, I think it depends on what kind of reader you are. Like me, I'm very good at reading new releases or books I've just purchased. Sure, I have a TBR pile, but I'm actually very up-to-date when it comes to favorite series and authors. So that's why I keep running after new releases.

    Haha, yes, when it comes to signed books, who cares about the budget.

    Oh you know what? THat trip to Boonsboro sounds amazing though!! It'd be indeed really awesome. Let me know if you indeed go for it!

    Alex - LOL, happy it made you smile :) And you're absolutely right bout books in the mail :)

    Leslie - I hope you enjoy the Nora Roberts as much as I did, Les!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me want to go to a book store and splurge. Must. Resist. Temptation. ;)

    I still haven't gotten around to reading any of Armstrong's young adult series despite having them both collecting dust on my TBR shelves. I need to get on that.

    Bah! I need to get those two ebooks of Armstrong's! I'm not so sure about the Paige story. I loved her in Dime Store Magic, but Industrial Magic was a bit of a snooze for me. So I'm a little hesitant about the short story. Can't wait to see what you think of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha - Resist! But if you don't, let me know what you get LOL.

    I think you'll enjoy the first one, The Darkest Powers, and you're lucky because you get to read all three books at once - well if you want to. I like the YA series, because it's in the same world... I just wished she'd connect with the adult series. Would love to see the Council. I have to say though, it's been getting a bit repetitive. Like the idea of her second YA trilogy is also an experiment on children. But yeah, if you enjoy her writing, you should like the YA too :)

    LOL, I'm the opposite of you when it comes to Paige's book! I didn't very much like Dime Store Magic, but I LOOOOOVE Industrial Magic. One of the reasons I love Industrial Magic so much is that everyone's in there :)

    I don't know though when I'll get to the two novellas, but I'll definitively let you know. I'm so happy they came out in ebooks!

    ReplyDelete