Sunday, June 03, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXXXI

Hey everyone!

how are you all doing? The past week has been pretty hectic, both at work and life in general. My sister left yesterday T_T Need to find someone new to hang out... Lucky for me, I'm having some exciting visit near the end of the month! Yay!

So I completely missed the Week-End's Mini this week :( Many reasons for it: blogging blues, being bummed out and my sister's departure. I helped my sister packed on Friday. Basically, after finishing my review of Her Best Worst Mistake, I was planning to go to sleep... but a look in her room and I couldn't help it. We stayed up till 1am and then, continued yesterday till we had to drive her to the airport. And once at the airport, she ran into a snag with the check-in. Apparently, her last connecting flight from Sydney to Brisbane changed carrier, but they don't know which one ^_^; So she'll only find out once she arrives in Sydney, but it took a really long time to sort it out for her to get boarding pass. And then, she also had a mini panic attack because she didn't print out her visa while her friends did. Guess who had to sort that out? Yep, yours truly. Luckily, the airport hotel was just next to us and I was able to use their business center... Only to find out that she really didn't need a hard copy for her visa, since it's electronically linked to her passport number ^_^;

Back to the WEM ^_^; All that to say that once I came home yesterday, I was out of energy and motivation to write it up. I'll catch up next week by writing two mini-reviews :) You can vote for which books you'd like me to read my take on in the poll on the sidebar. You have till Thursday to vote :)

***

Now, onto my new precious!! This is what I got :)

In the mail:


The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts - It finally arrived! Yay! I've really been looking forward to it because Owen is totally my type of guy LOL. The reviews have all been over the place, so I guess I'll have to form my own opinion :)


Bought print: 



A Night Like This by Julia Quinn - Do I really need to say something? :P

Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson - I wavered back and forth for this one... In the end, I picked it up because there was a promo at the bookstore - Buy 3, get the 4th free - and didn't have any other books on my shopping list ^_^; Although, in the book's favor, the reviews I've read so far have been favorable.

Bedding Lord Ned by Sally Mackenzie - I completely missed this book for BT's new releases post in May. However, it caught my attention when I was looking for the new releases in June... The cover and blurb sound fun and Hils enjoyed it :) Plus I've been meaning to read Ms Mackenzie forever LOL.

Chaos Burning by Lauren Dane - This one was a tough choice. Basically, it was either Chaos Burning or Along Came a Duke by Elizabeth Boyle. Seriously, what's better: a book by an author you have yet to read, but have bought a few books already or a book by an author whose last few releases have disappointed? Tough choice ^_^; I almost picked up Along Came a Duke, because I read the hero was great... but in the end, it was Chaos Burning because I like witches and sorcerers. Seriously, that love has gotta pay off eventually, right? :P

***

And I think that's it for this week... but I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot something ^_^;