Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXXXIII

Good morning everyone!


Awwww, I drove Ames to the airport this morning! ... and I miss her already T_T! Her visit was short, but sweet and a lot of fun :) We did some touristy stuff, some bookish stuff, some shopping and a lot of eating! LOL.


Among the food we ate is poutine, a Quebec invention. Basically, it's french fries with gravy and curd cheese :) It's good, but LOL, that's why Canada will never have a Masterchef show ^_^; We went to a specialty poutine place, so mine had merguez sausages in too :) Ha, but guess what, guess what? Ames ate sushi!!! Yes!!




It was her first sushi and she enjoyed it! Yay! LOL, now, she'll stop ewww-ing me when I tell her I'm having sushi for supper :P Of course, we did have a back-up plan in case she didn't enjoy: pepperoni and cheese pizza LOL.

I always have a blast getting together with bloggers, especially Ames, and this was no exception! This visit was long due and I hope you had fun as much fun as I did, Ames! We definitively will be doing this again together soon!

Other memories I'll have of Ames' visit are the books I got with her! See, this is another reason to buy books: souvenirs and memories! :) Yes, I am that sentimental LOL. So, want to know what I got?

UBS:


What's a Ghould to Do and Demons Are a Ghoul's Best Friend by Victoria Laurie - I've been wanting to read more cosy mystery series :) I've actually eyed these books years ago, but I wasn't sure. I haven't heard a lot about them throughout the years, but the covers just caught my eyes while I was at the UBS and I wanted to get them a go :P

Duchess in Love by Eloisa James - She's a hit and miss for me, but I remember Ames enjoying it :)

 My Lady Rival by Ashley March - Ames was actually the one spotting this one. She got a Netgalley copy, so didn't want it. I remember seeing this cover and thinking it was so pretty :) Then, Tracy had favorable words for it, so yeah :P

***

Print: 


Can't Buy Me Love by Molly O'Keefe - This is an author that Wendy has spotlight and therefore, it's one that I've wanted to read. She writes category romance and I'm really picky about those. I have selected few authors that I read... so I had some hesitation. However, this is her first full-length contemporary romance and I was more than happy to pick it up :) Even if the theme is not one that I love...

***

E-books: 


Perfectly Matched by Heather Webber - ! A new Lucy Valentine novel! Yay! I really love this series and I'm so glad that Ms Webber has decided to continue it :) I know that Ms Webber has experience with self-publishing and the cover is proof enough - how she matched it with the previous covers :) I'm really looking forward to reading it.

***

And there you have it. That was my last couple of days :) Hope yours was as good as mine! LOL, now, I'm going back to bed for a nap :P

12 comments:

  1. I've heard about poutine - I want to try it! Sounds like you had an excellent time. And a pretty good haul.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Awww... I knew you would have a great time together. :) And... Ames had never tried sushi? What's that all about, Ames? Shushi rocks! LOL!

    And OMG! There's a new Lucy Valentine book out?!! I didn't know! I'm getting that book... yay! Self-published... well, good for Ms. Webber. I'm reading it. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul of books!! I am glad you had so much fun with Amy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Li - LOL, the secret of poutine is the cheese, Li :) It's not a matter of melting, but instead, it's because it makes squeak, squeak, and therefore adds texture to it :)

    Hilcia - Thanks Hils!!

    Nope, Ames had never had sushi. Actually, she doesn't eat seafood and therefore, no raw fish LOL. She got to try some of the vegetarian ones :) But yeah, she's missing so much, right? :P

    Yep, new Lucy Valentine book out! :) It's in case like this that I root for self-publishing :P

    Kailana - Thanks Kailana! We didn't go crazy on books, so that was a good thing :)

    And I'm glad too! I mean, I just want to make Ames' trip worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Yay for all the fun you had and YAY for all the cute looking books!
    I hope you enjoy them a ton!
    :d

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a big plate of french fries..I am soooo hungry now (I am at work and have only one sandwich with cheese) I did not know that Heather Webber will write another book in Lucy Valentine series, so thank you, I will certainly read it, I enjoyed the previous books in the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took a lot of years - but I'm starting to come around on sushi too :) So our Ames is not alone!

    I've got the Molly O'Keefe book, and it's on tap to read....soon. I opted to read her new SuperRomance first :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I LOVE SUSHI so I'm glad that Ames has tried it and liked it. You did like it, right Ames? Yay for the time spent with friends and the new books! =) Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pictures! I was the same way about sushi. Now i can tolerate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics! Looks like an awesome weekend. Good friends and good books! Thanks for the heads up on the Webber. I'll be getting it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love sushi! I've heard about poutine before, I think I saw it on one of those Antony Bourdain shows, but those plates are huge O.o

    Really loved Can't Buy Me Love, can't wait to hear your thoughts, I've been reading so many mixed reviews I think it's a love it or hate it book. It was love for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alex - Thanks Alex :) I love this style of covers! I hope I'll enjoy them a lot as well :P

    elena - LOL, and that was only the regular size poutine! You could get a large one which was a full plate.

    I'm glad that people got to find out that there was a new Lucy Valentine novel with this post! :) I read it and it was cute. Worth the price, definitively :P

    Wendy - Ahhh! That's great :) I think the key is actually to find a good sushi place. I'm lucky because there's an excellent one near my house. Because there's nothing that will ruin your sushi faster than not fresh fish ^_^;

    How is her new SuperRomance?

    Rowena - Yay!! You and me both, Wena! It was a great week-end ;) Can't wait to do it again!

    Isabel - Thanks Izzy :P

    Leslie - It was awesome :) Hope you enjoy Perfectly Matched!

    Brie - Yay! It's so good right? LOL, as I was telling elena, those were the regular-size poutine. The plates are oval... You could get a large one (where the plate was round). It has really become a staple in Quebec. You can usually exchange your fries for poutine in fast food areas :P

    Oh I'm glad you enjoyed Can't Buy Me Love. I saw all the mixed reviews as well and it got me a bit nervous. Hopefully, I'll fall in the love category :P

    ReplyDelete