Monday, March 02, 2009

Monthly Reads - February 2009

Ugh, good reading month, but crappy end of the month for me personally. Like I said, not feeling super well, which has screwed up my whole week-end and end of the month. Sigh. Going to sleep right after the curling finale :P (It's the Scotties - Women Canadian Curling Championship)

All right, let see my reading month in review. I think I might change a bit the format... It's obvious that I haven't been able to review all the books I read ^_^; Yes, I've been giving grades, but I'd like to add some comments. I think that would help readers of this blog understand why I'm giving the grades I give :) So let's see if it's better this way :)


1) Fireside by Susan Wiggs: C-
Fireside is book #5 in the Lakeshore Chronicles if I'm not wrong. Ms Wiggs is moving away from the Bellamy family members and exploring new characters of the community. This book didn't work too well for me, because I don't think that the H/H had much chemistry together. I thougt the romance was weak and I was kind of annoyed at the heroine for the incident with her ex. Something just felt off with the whole incident. What saved this book was the continuation of Daisy Bellamy's storyline... although I'm not sure how long this will keep up.

2) The Warrior by Jim Butcher: B
The short story in the anthology Mean Streets. This short story was interesting. It takes place after the events of A Small Favor and we see how Micheal has recovered and where he is in his life. The Warrior was quick and swift, the intrigue okay. Just not sure where this whole thing is heading off.

3) Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis: B-
There was quite a buzz about Instant Attraction at the beginning of the month. Instant Attraction was an okay book for me. I really liked the heroine and how she tried to change her life after a quasi-death experience. What annoyed me was Cam, the hero. I just wanted him to choose and stop being washy wishy. It annoyed me that everytime the H/H seem to make progress, they wound up in square one again.

4) Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie, Anne Stuart and Lani Diane Rich: C-

5) The Golden Chance by Jayne Ann Krentz: B+

6) Grand Passion by Jayne Ann Krentz: B

7) Tangled Up In Love by Heidi Betts: C

8) Hidden Talents by Jayne Ann Krentz: C
I'll probably review this one along with the other JAK. Overall, not a bad book, but not the best I've read by this author. The whole blown-up scene between the hero and his family was a no no for me though.

9) Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs: A-

10) White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz: B

11) Promises in Death by J.D. Robb: A-

12) Temptation Ridge by Robyn Carr: A-

13) Family Man by Jayne Ann Krentz: B
Will probably review this one, so stay tuned :)

14) Perfect Partners by Jayne Ann Krentz: B-
Will probably review this one, so stay tuned :)

15) 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber: D
Potential TBR entry for March :)

16) Bitten by Kelley Armstrong: B

17) Stolen by Kelley Armstrong: A-

Okay, so looking back, I did very well on reviews this month :) More than 50% :) Hopefully, March will be as good! Reading-wise, it was a pretty good month. More good books than bad books and I'm happy with the number :) What else can I ask for?

Archives will be updated sometimes this week :)