Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hauling Sunday XV

Ugh, another week-end that went by without me realizing :( I do feel ultra-lazy lately. I think it's because I got a taste of "days off" and I need more of them LOL. Luckily for me, my boss is going away some time in November... and I'll be able to take a vacation. Woohoo :P

After the haul I had last week in the States, it's not surprise that I've only picked up one book this week. Okay, technically, if it was anybody else, there'd probably be no Hauling Sunday this week, but hey, it's me, Nath LOL. So here it is...

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan - The Lost Hero is Mr Riordan's new spin-off series, Heroes of Olympus. I was really looking forward to this book and just couldn't wait to get it ^_^; And it's a good thing since I've already finished it :P

I'm not expecting any new releases this week; however, it is the annual McGill Book Fair on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm probably going to go, but I'm debating whether I should show up at 9am like last year. Last year, I don't know, it was a bit disappointing... I mean, the books are indeed cheap, but the selection is up to donation and there wasn't much last year... I guess I'll have to go to find out :P

11 comments:

  1. My daughter is reading this and LOVING it... she can't stop raving about it. Hope you enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! I'm almost done. I made myself read it slowly. Although I kind of peaked at the end when I had a hunch what was up with Jason. Hopefull will finish tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nath, you definitely needs more days off. I didn't pick up this book yet, things were complicated this weekend! I need to go get it though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariana - LOL, Mariana :) Are you planning to read it? I thought it was good, the only downside is that I have to wait a year for the next book!!

    Isabel - Email me when you're done reading it!! I want to discuss it with someone so badly! LOL

    Hilcia - Awwww, sad to hear you had a complicated week-end :( I hope you get your hands on it soon. If you need other coupons, just let me know :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you didn't miss a week of Sunday hauling!

    I keep asking my daughter if she wants to read this one and she says no. I don't know what happened? She DEVOURED the Percy Jackson series before the movie came out! :(

    She read and loved the Pies and Prejudice book I bought her when I was with you, though. In one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it? How is it? How is it?

    I just got the book and haven't had the time to read it!

    Oh boy I need to read PJ Series again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get this one for Abby. She read the Percy Jackson series so I know she'll want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great that you still posted, nath! And hey, a new book is a new book.^^

    I've never read Rick Riordan. Maybe I should. You really seem to like his novels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine - LOL, you would cheer me :P

    Maybe she doesn't have time or maybe she's waiting for more books to come out before devouring them. That would make her very smart :P

    LOL, that's great :P Was it cute?

    Brahmin - It's good LOL. Pretty much same standard as the previous books, but I think much thicker.

    If you've enjoyed the PJ series, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this one. While it's a spin-off, it pretty much feels like a sequel, except it starts a new story arc.

    Leslie - I hope she'll enjoy it :)

    Taja - Indeed :)

    I think you would enjoy them, Taja. They are fantasy, fun and light ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She liked the book, but that's all I know. LOL. She's kind of private about her reading... I have to pull stuff out of her. Not like her sister who talks about her books and either wants me to read it or tells me the entire story.

    ReplyDelete