Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hauling Sunday XVII

Well it's not Sunday yet, but since tomorrow is the last day of the month and I have something else scheduled (LOL, if I get to it in time of course), I thought it'd be nice if I bumped this post a day :) In any case, I'm going to try hard not to go to the bookstore tomorrow... the operative word here being hard :P

I had an awesome haul this week :D Part of it was due to all the new releases coming out, part was due to the coupons I had and wanted to use, LOL. Seriously, all I wanted was the day to end so I could rush to the bookstores :) And for the first time in a long while, I got some books in the mail... so put everything together and it gives a huge haul.




Side Jobs by Jim Butcher - This is a collection of many of the Dresden Files novellas and short stories that have been published online and in different anthologies. I'm really happy the publishers are starting to release these collection books because some of the short stories/novellas are harder to get your hands on such as the one with Thomas as a narrator, Backup. Plus, it contains a new story, Aftermath, that takes place just hours after Changes' cliffhanger. Now, if they could only do the same with Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series!

Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie - Woohoo, I'm really happy that Random House/Bantam are re-printing The Cinderella Deal and Trust Me on This, because they are books that are a hard to come by :) Now, I think I have all of Ms Crusie's backlist!! :)

Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath - Read some of Ms Heath's books and enjoyed them... but her last series was so-so. Wasn't planning to buy this actually, but changed my mind after I read Leslie's review :) I actually skimmed through it and I think I'm going to really enjoy it!

Rules of Engagements by Suzanne Enoch - Ms Enoch is an author that I've consistently enjoyed. This release actually took me by surprise, because I wasn't expecting it! In addition, it's related to previous characters! Thanks Lori!!

Somewhere Along The Way by Jodi Thomas - Love, love, love Ms Thomas contemporary romances :) This is the second book in the Harmony series and reviews for it have been really good so far. Can't wait to read it.

Ten Ways to be Adored when Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean - Enjoyed the first book, so got the second one :)

His Sinful Secret by Emma Wildes - This is actually the one I really want to read from the trilogy :) It sounds pretty good and I'm sure the hero is in for a surprise.

Deadly Intent by Kylie Brant - The blurb sounded interesting :)

Play of Passion by Nalini Singh - Wooohooo! Wooohooo!! LOL. Need I say more?

A Christmas Waltz by Jane Goodger - I really enjoy Ms Goodger's historicals. I should so read more of her books (I have so many of her books in my TBR pile) :P

Princeps' Fury by Jim Butcher - I actually read this book already, but it was a library copy. Since I had a coupon and need a certain amount for my purchase, it was a good opportunity to get it :)

Christmas Wishes by Debbie Macomber - This book contains two stories, Christmas Letters and Rainy Day Kisses. I bought this book because Christmas Letters is part of the Blossom Street series :)

There it is :) This week's haul :) I really did good, right? There's a few more books this coming week that I'm expecting: Happy Ever After and Indulgence in Death and even if I already have so many books, more than I can read, I'll still be rushing to the bookstore on Tuesday night LOL.

12 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Cinderella Deal last night and really liked it! Now I have read all her standalone books, and just have Dogs and Goddesses and Wild Ride left to read from her collaborations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. You got some great books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cleaned up, Nath! That's what I call a haul, lol! You have books there that I definitely want to read. I definitely want the Susanne Enoch book (loved England's Perfect Hero), and I'm definitely getting that trilogy by Emma Wildes too. I loved Leslie's review of the Lorraine Heath and well... Nalini Singh? You got it early! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that is a major haul there Nath. You lucky girl scoring the Singh book early...I pre-ordered mine on the Kindle so have to wait until Tuesday, boo.

    I have Christmas Wishes by Macomber. I could've sent that to you. :(

    I wasn't going to purchase another Brant book anytime soon because I didn't really enjoy the last one....but then I read the blurb of DI and was hooked. So I also pre-ordered this book too. Lol. I'm an even easier sucker now because I don't have to worry about storage space. Now let's just hope my hubby doesn't check out the cc bill. haha.

    I don't have Rules of Engagments by Enoch. Let me know how you like it because I might want to get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo jealous of the November new releases you already managed to buy. But I'll just buy them in Georgia! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great haul!!! I need to catch up on the Psy/Changeling series, last book I read was Dorian's!!!

    I've got the first book in Kylie Brant's series. This cover is different from all the others...wonder why they changed?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang Nath - you're really making up for the last few weeks. LOL

    I spy some that I need to put on my list too! This year is going by too fast and I'm not making a dent in my tbr pile but that doesn't stop me from buying more books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marg - I'm glad you enjoyed the Cinderella Deal. I thought it was a cute book :) Ugh, seriously I would tell you to just skip Dogs and Goddesses ^_^; I need to read Wild Ride too and then, I'm be up-to-date as well :)

    Lori - Yep, I did :) It really was the perfect way to finish the month :)

    Hilcia - Yep, I did :) I skimmed through Rules of Engagements and it looks really good. However, I don't think we'll see Bradshaw's family much :(

    I think you're going to enjoy the Emma Wildes books a lot :) They're great. Skimmed through the Lorraine Heath and it looks very good as well.

    As for the Play of Passion, I had to go to another bookstore to get it early LOL.

    Tabitha - LOL, well you can get it early on Tuesday and you won't even need to go to the bookstore for it :)

    Oh, I didn't realize you had it ^_^; It's okay though. I needed something to get the required amount anyway.

    LOL, if you're paying the cc bill, he probably won't check or notice :P

    I'll let you know on Rules of Engagements :)

    Ames - LOL, yeah, you're going to get them for cheap :)

    Mollie - Thanks Mollie! And you definitively should catch up on the series, it's just great :)

    The cover design changed because although it's same series, I think she's writing them as "trilogies."

    Leslie - LOL, I know! Thing is, I just realized I've actually bought a lot of books this month ^_^; What with my trip to NJ and the Book Fair...

    LOL, it's a losing battle you know, decreasing the TBR pile...

    ReplyDelete
  9. nath, you are the QUEEN of book hauling... WOW!!! I LOVE seeing all those books splayed out like that. You've got a handful that I wouldn't mind having myself! Like the Enoch one... the Wildes one...and of course Nalini Singh's latest release.

    I am anxious for Happy Ever After, too. I am currently fourth on the holds list at my library. Hopefully that means I'll get it by Christmas! OMG! That's going to be pure TORTURE! Gaaahhh!

    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine - LOL, I'll take the title, Christine :) The Singh is worth it and the Wildes was very enjoyable :)

    Oh, I think you'll get it by Christmas. Does your library only get one copy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My library does get duplicate copies of books sometimes, but I don't think the computer showed more than one of Happy Ever AFter. Besides, it's not like I don't have a couple hundred other books to read in the meantime... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine - LOL, true... but sometimes, some books are more appealing than others :P

    ReplyDelete