Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hauling Sunday XIX

Sigh, a very lazy week-end again this week :P My boss is away, but for some reasons, I don't feel relaxed :( I think part of it is because I've been having a really hard time choosing what to read next :( I mean, my reading mojo is going strong at the moment, but picking up the next book to read is hard.

Also, by the way, where is everyone? :P Just wondering... I know I haven't been blog-hopping as much as I used to... but there's also fewer posts to catch up.

Okay, so here is my haul this week. Keep in mind, there was a 25% off this week-end at Chapters, Indigo and Coles :P




The Accidental Wedding by Anne Gracie - This one caught my attention. I think it was an excerpt posted up over at Book Binge and Tracy's review.

When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer - I noticed this book when browsing for new releases. Back blurb sounds really fun, so I thought I'd give Ms Kramer's debut novel a chance :) Ames has already reviewed it here.

The Best Laid Plans by Sarah Mayberry - I hesitated getting the book. I'm not sure I'm going to like it, given the H/H are older and apparently, it's very baby-focused. However, since it was 25% off... :P

The Homecoming by JoAnn Ross - I've been hearing a lot of good things about this book (here), plus Ames has just gotten it :)

Water Bound by Christine Feehan - Not a fan of Ms Feehan, but again, this book has been getting good reviews (here and here), so I'll give it a try :)

Waiting for Nick/Considering Kate by Nora Roberts - I've read a lot of historicals lately and am in the mood for contemporary romances... However, those are hard to get by!! Seriously. I was at the bookstore, looking for it... and then, decided why not pick this. Nora Roberts is a sure value and Ames and Monroe just read Waiting for Nick and both loved it :P

Indulgence in Death by J.D. Robb - LOL, you all know why I got this :P I finally found a copy at discounted price at Walmart :) Although Indigo and Chapters just received their stock on Friday... Ah well, too bad :P What can I say, I don't like to wait :P The good thing though is I was talking to James and seems I'm not the only one LOL.

And there it is, my haul for this week. Bought 6 books during the 25% off promotion. I'm proud of myself. I bought books, but at the same time, didn't go overboard :) What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Nath you did great as always and you're showing some restraint, lol! You have a book there that I really want, The Homecoming by JoAnn Ross. I read a sample on my Kindle a while back and have it on my list of books to buy.

    I hope you enjoy Waiting for Nick and Considering Kate. I have old editions of those books and remember liking both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised to see the Feehan up there. I hope you like it.

    Like Hils, I've got the older editions of the NR books. I haven't read them yet, should pull them out for a quick read.

    I'm curious about When Harry Met Molly. It sounds cute but... might be too sweet? I'll let you be the test subject for this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing When Harry Met Molly everywhere! I hope you like it.

    I, too, keep reading great reviews for Feehan's latest. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    Finally got Indulgence In Death, huh? I'll be reading Portrait In Death this month. One of these years I'm gonna catch up to Nora and be waiting on the latest release! LOL!

    Guess what? I'm rereading a book right now! Maybe I'll be able to link up to November's Re Read Challenge! *GASP!* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilcia - LOL, right, Hils! Actually, if I wasn't buying the books I want as soon as they come out, I would have more to buy on these days. Ah well :P

    Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed the sample of The Homecoming. I've been hearing a lot of good things about it :)

    I really enjoyed Waiting for Nick and Considering Kate. Seriously, you can't go wrong picking up NR :P

    Leslie - Yeah. I don't think I would have picked it up if it wasn't for the promo. We'll see... but I have to admit, I have a bad feeling... like Feehan is going to be another author I won't click with.

    The NR are nice, quick read :P Especially if you're in the mood for contemporary romances :P

    LOL, thanks :P I'll let you know if I like it or not.

    Christine - LOL, well it sounds really cute :P

    I don't know if I'll get to the Feehan soon. Perhaps, but not guarantee.

    Yep, Indulgence in Death! :P I enjoyed Portrait in Death, I hope you do as well :P and yes, you're getting there. Another year and you'll be caught up! :P

    Yes, yes!! Review your re-read!!

    ReplyDelete