Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hauling Sunday XXI

Sorry for the past very quiet week. I'm having the blues ^_^; The shopping blues, the watching TV blues, the listening music blues, etc. Aside from reading, everything else feels a bit blah. I tried writing a review for Somewhere Along the Way, but I figured that blogland has been quiet in the past few weeks and it'd be even more this week because of Thanksgiving... so I thought it'd be the perfect time to take a little break and hopefully, it will work :)

Without any further delay, here are the books I bought this week:





A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh - I've had this book on my radar for a while and was waiting for a good opportunity (read need a certain minimum amount purchase to use coupon) to buy it. However, I broke down after reading Hils' review ^_^; I've been on a historical binge and this one sounds like it'll fit perfectly with the others... Plus, I want to read something Christmas-y :P

His Captive Lady and To Catch a Bride by Anne Gracie - I just finished reading The Accidental Wedding last week and really enjoyed it :) Enough that I wanted to read the other books in the series.

Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman by Lorraine Heath - LOL, you all know how I enjoyed Passions of a Wicked Earl and if you don't, click on the link for the review! :P There was no doubt in my mind that I would get the second book in the series. Look out for a review, very soon! :P

First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher - I read the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher a couple of weeks (months?) ago. First Lord's Fury was a library book and now, it just came out in paperback format, so I bought it :)

So these are the books for me this week :) What about you?

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great reading week!! I loved passions of a wicked earl, but I have yet to read the second one, but I am looking forward to reading it soon!!! I hope you enjoy these read and looking forward to reading the reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought two anne gracie books this week too! LOL

    Also, went a little bit e-book crazy. There were some good dealios going on!

    Hope the blues go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((nath))) hope you shrug off those blues.

    I'm trying to be good and only buy gifts so I bought a daily devotional for my mom. It's really pretty, w/leather cover and ribbon bookmark. I did buy a couple of e-books for me and a few used mmp that I honestly can't remember what they were. LOL It's been a crazy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good haul, nath!

    I'm with Ames. the ebooks did me in. Mostly, Moira Rogers (pnr) and ZA Maxfield (m/m).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lover of Romance - LOL, yes I did have a good reading week :) This month was great reading-wise actually.

    I loved Passions of a Wicked Earl better, but Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman was very enjoyable as well :) Ms Heath has a winner trilogy here :)

    Ames - LOL, I hope you enjoy them!! As for ebooks, if you got some good deals, it's worth it! :)

    I hope the blues go away too. I don't like having them :(

    Leslie - Good girl, Leslie. At least, you're trying to stick to gifts :)

    I bet it's been crazy :) Were you hosting?

    Renee - Thanks Renee :) Hmmm, I read some good reviews from Holly for Moira Rogers... Did you read her yet, Renee?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent timing on the Jim Butcher!

    Yeah, completely identify with the blogging blues - I'm doing the "take a break" thing too ;-)

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you are blue - totally understand and hope they get lost already!

    Great haul - I have not read Heath's Eur historicals but I'm guessing I need to change that.

    And I have read Anne Gracie but uh, there's no S-E-X in her books so no, I don't buy them ;)

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw did I pass my blues onto you? You know, I miss our daily emails! I like the new job but why did they have to block my emails accesses??

    As always you have a good haul there! I hear lots of good things about Annie Gracie's books but I read one of her book (can't recall which) and it was only so-so. But since you "really enjoyed" The Accidental Wedding I might reconsider her. lol.

    Let me know what you think of the Balogh. I have it on my TBB list to pick up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't host but it was still a busy weekend. I don't feel like I got much done but it felt like we didn't have any down time either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Li - I know :) LOL, hope your break won't be too long ^_^; (yes, I'm selfish LOL)

    Cindy - Not entirely gone. Sigh, I just don't know what to do about it :(

    I hope you will enjoy Ms Heath's books :) You read her cowboys books? How were they?

    LOL, yeah... the S-E-X is pretty subtle in the Anne Gracie. Well at least, you know what you like LOL.

    Tabitha - LOL, I think they just naturally made their way to me :P

    I miss them too!! and it's because your new job is paranoid LOL.

    Well I remember buying one or two of the Perfect books... and I gave them away without even reading them or perhaps skimming through one. Seriously, I thought long and hard before buying The Accidental Wedding... but I'm glad I did :P

    The Mary Balogh was cute :)I like big family... but I don't know, I wished the H/H spent more time together.

    Leslie - Nod nod Leslie. I know what you mean... and you know, you probably didn't have any down time LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nath, are your blues over yet? I missed over a week! My holidays were extended... I've the reading blues. No reading for me for over 4 days and even before that well... very little with the Holiday. Ugh! No buying books for me either.

    Hope you enjoyed the Balogh. It's a Christmassy family romance... quite a good historical, actually. I loved the details of the time period that Balogh included. I've read a couple of Anne Gracie books and enjoyed them, but was not wowed at the time. I should probably given them another chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilcia - A little bit. The week was hard, but hearing that my boss wasn't coming back till next week kind of rejuvenate me LOL.

    Ugh, the reading blues. That is bad!! But then, you know, there was the holiday and the road trip... so you do have an explanation :)

    LOL, read the Balogh already :) It was cute-sy :) I wished there'd been more scenes between Randolph and Ellie. I love the family though :)

    Which books by Anne Gracie did you read? :P

    ReplyDelete