Sunday, April 03, 2011

Hauling Sunday XXXVII

Nothing special really this past week, except the return of my parents and catching up on my sleep :) Because of BPPV, I've changed the way I place my pillows and I don't know if it's that or if it's just that I'm exhausted, but I've fallen asleep really early this week ^_^; Or at least, that's what I blame my lack of blogging on LOL. However, I plan to pick it up again - lots of reviews to come this week and my monthly reads post :) Also, for those who missed it, Ames, Monroe and I discussed the new releases coming out this month :) Lots of new goodies! :P

But what about the goodies I got this week? Well once again, I was a pretty good girl :) I know, such a surprise, right? Well the thing is, I'm going to RWA this summer, right? So I'm starting to build my list of books to get at RWA - if not at the convention, then at least, in the States. I seriously can't wait till the list of authors participating to the Literacy Signing Event is revealed!! But yeah, basically every author who has a book released in the next few months and I think is attending to RWA - I'm not buying... Unless it's a die-hard favorite author that I really, really, really can't wait. Cough*Tangled Threads*Cough*Kiss of Snow*Cough*Warcry*Cough. Hey, I'm not made of ice! Anyway, we'll see if I'm to wait...

Still, I did get some books this week and here they are:


Alien in the Family by Gini Koch - Third book in the series, looking forward to a good laugh :P

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I have to say when this was released, I was quite hesitant. Contempory YA is not my favorite style... but I finally caved under the peer pressure - it's been getting sooo much good reviews, I have to check it out :)

I did buy a few books today, but they're going towards next week's post :P So, what about you? What did you buy recently?

11 comments:

  1. I loooooved Anna and the French Kiss - very cute.
    I love the cover of Alien in the Family but I've never heard of this series or in fact that author I will have to check it out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally gave into peer pressure and put Anna and the French Kiss on my TBR pile, at first I don't now, it sort of sounded too good to be true.

    I hope it holds up to the stellar reviews :P and that you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Anna and the French Kiss too! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally - LOL, I know. A lot of people have enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss :P

    As for the Gini Koch, I have not reviewed the first book yet, Touched by an Alien, but I think it's something you would enjoy :) It's a fun series :)

    Alex - LOL, glad to know I'm not the only one haha.

    I hope we both enjoy it, Alex!

    Marg - Crossing my fingers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your sleeping gets better. Totally know what you mean about the pillows - I use 4. :)

    You showed a lot of restraint this week but understand wanting to hold off until RWA. You'll have your entire car to load up. :P

    I bought Jill Shalvis' The Sweetest Thing. So far, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the cover of the new Gini Koch! Ha! That looks like just WAY too much fun to pass up!!!

    Anna and the French Kiss is on my wish list...

    I haven't bought a book in ages. Months, nath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie - Four?!? LOL. I don't know, I used to sleep pretty flat, but now... need some adjusting.

    LOL, that is the plan for RWA! :P

    I actually skimmed through The Sweetest Thing at the bookstore. Pretty much went through it all :) It was okay, but it didn't make me reconsider and buying it. So guess I can live without it :P

    Christine - LOL, they are fun books :)

    You're too busy working out, Christine!! But isn't it a good thing? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this is true. I guess I've been reading a lot of library books or books from my shelves, which is fine. There's plenty to choose from!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine - Yeah, you're lucky :) I'm always attracted by what's newer and shinier :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto loving Anna & the French Kiss! It was so cute. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mollie - I've read it :) I didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else it seems, but it was still a good read ;)

    ReplyDelete