Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Presentation Jitters

Hey everyone!

how are you all doing? Hopefully, better than me. I thought I'd have time to put up a review yesterday or today, but instead, been busy with the presentation ^_^; The seminar starts today at 1pm and I'm scheduled to talk at around 5pm... It's only 7 minutes long, but I have a lot of material. So far, the presentation is not totally memorized yet and I have to speak really, really, really fast ^_^; We'll see how it turns out. Another problem is staying awake during others' presentation... but given the jitters, that should be feasible LOL. Then, the event is capped with a dinner and award presentation (for which I'm not in the running because I'm a research assistant - boo!)... so yeah, this day is long and means I'm probably not writing a review tonight either :(

Anyway, have you been reading anything good? I've just finished Dark Descendants by Jenna Black and Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep and have enjoyed both books very much :) Think I'm on a roll... hopefully, it'll continue :)

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your presentation.
    For me it was always a struggle -though I had to give plenty of them during school - I either had it down or I didn't.

    In the end I think it's all about being prepared :) you just go there and do you thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about the time difference so I don't know if you have done your presentation but if not good luck if so I hope it went well.

    Last time I did a presentation was for a law class at Uni it was supposed to last for an hour but apparently I had enough material for two - not good.

    Glad you enjoyed your books I am really looking forward to reading Tangled Threads.

    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Sorry laptop had a meltdown a posted my message 4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fully understand presentation jitters, and even though I make my living being in front of a group of people on a regular basis, there are event at which I must make a kind of presentation that is just unusual enough that the jitters persist. But then, I had a voice teacher years ago that counseled me to remember that I would probably not be giving my best performance unless I was nervous. she didn't want me to be so frightened that I was paralyzed, but a nice case of performance nerves just helps us stay on point and do better. I am hoping to read the Estep book soon. I think she is a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex - Thanks Alex. It's been a while since I had to do a presentation ^_^; It went okay, but didn't have time to finish. Ah well, that's life :)

    Sally - Thanks Sally :)

    I think Tangled Threads was enjoyable... but it's becoming a bit too predictable. Feels a bit like characters are going through the motion.

    LOL, no worries about the multiple comments :)

    Dr. J - True, true about a nice case of nerves :)

    Hope you enjoy the Estep :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, you got cut off even though you weren't finished? Well, at least it's over, right?

    Looks like your reading is going well - hopefully you'll have time for some reviews. I'm curious to see what you thought of Chasing Fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So how did it go? I have speaking in front of people. I avoid it at all costs. I'm sure you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie - Yeah, I got cut off even though it wasn't finished. Yeah, it's over and overall, my boss wasn't too bad about it. A bit disappointed, but not mad :)

    I enjoyed Chasing Fire. I'm going to try to have the review up tomorrow :)

    Isabel - Yeah, i really didn't want to do it... especially since I wasn't supposed to... but it's done and it went okay :) Thanks for asking, Izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! That can be so nerve wracking. I'm sorry it didn't go perfectly, but it wasn't at flop and at least it's over, right? Now you can apply this experience to the next time you have to present and it'll go just the way you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine - Nope, not a flop. Apparently, I explain things well. That's what others tell me, but I'm not sure if they're being truthful or nice LOL.

    ReplyDelete