Sunday, May 08, 2011

Hauling Sunday XLII

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
to everyone!!

How was everyone's week-end? Me? Same old, same old. I sound like a broken record and it really bothers me :( I had all those plans and best intentions and ended up not doing much except reading. Not that reading is bad, but I wished I could have at least blogged a little. My problem is that I'm still having vertigos :( It's been much better than what it was a couple of months ago (can you believe that, a couple of months ago!), but it still won't go away completely and that really annoys me. I suspect the cause now is the way I sleep ^_^; I've tried raising my head higher, but I still end up sleeping on my "bad" side most of the time... Changing the way you sleep is hard!! Yep, that's my life now. Sigh, depressing isn't it?

So of course, to keep me happy, I buy books LOL.



Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison - I wanted to wait for RWA, but come one... there was way too many good reviews out there for me to wait. Plus, it was released on my birthday... so it was my gift to myself LOL

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean - Again, got too impatient because of the good reviews this book has gotten :)  What made me finally cave though is the 25% off coupon...

Lady Amelia's Secret Lover by Victoria Alexander - Okay, it doesn't look like it, but I think I've been doing okay in the buying-book department, especially waiting for RWA to get some books. Okay, looking back at the Hauling Sunday posts, it'd be a fail for most people... but we're talking about me, so it's really different standards LOL. In any case, if I'm not reading the new releases, I need to replace those by other books. I've been reading more from my TBR pile... but it's also the perfect opportunity for buying the books that I've put off buying... such as Lady Amelia's Secret Lover. This book by Ms Alexander was released only in e-book format a few years ago... So now, I got it :P

And voila :P What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. I've spend the weekend at my sis and together we shared the sunday with our mom and dad. Of course we had a fab time, spoiled our mom with chocolate - due to fantastic weather we BBQ-ed and watched a soccer cup finale. I had a blast! I'm in the train right now, going home and hoping Dragon Bound is waiting in the mail box *crosses fingers*

    BTW, I think you're doing okay in the book buying department. I would never expect a fellow book addict to completely stop bookbuying, even with an event on the horizon such as the RWA ;) My friend Pearl is going too and she's a hoot to hang with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nath, I hope you had a wonderful day with your Mom and family.

    I like the books you bought! I also have my eye on Dragon Bound and the Victoria Alexander looks good. :) I've been buying those backlist books lately to catch up with my TBB list (the one I keep on the side), so I haven't been a good girl lately.

    I hope you feel better soon from that vertigo! What a pain! And reading when you can't do other things... it's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, my husband had issues with vertigo that last several months too. And ringing in his ears that just wouldn't stop. Do you have that too?

    Everyone is talking about Dragon Bound. I think I want to join the bandwagon and read it, too. I'm so easy with book peer pressure. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must must must pick up the MacLean. Srsly.

    I understand about changing the way you sleep. I had to do it when my asthma got really bad (good lung UP). You do eventually get used to it, but it can take a long time. I'm sorry that you're still having vertigo, but glad that it's not as frequent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're doing pretty well!!! :D
    Sorry about the vertigos, my aunt has Menier (sp?) so I know it can be pretty annoying and bad to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that the vertigo is still bothering you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the BPPV is still hanging around. :( My bad side is the side I like to sleep on too so I might start on my good side but usually end up on the bad side at some point. Are you still doing your maneuvers?

    Books make everything better. :)

    I had a little me time on Saturday at the salon. Haircut, 2 inches cut off and it feels so much better!

    Curious what you think of Dragon Bound. I liked it but wasn't wowed like I expected to be. Had some issues.

    Still need to read Sarah MacLean - I've got 9 & 10 on the tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leontine - Sounds like a great week-end, Leontine. So was Dragon Bound waiting for you?

    Thanks for making me feel better about my book buying :)

    Hilcia - Actually, my parents were out the whole day ^_^; I barely saw them!!

    I saw your hauling post! it was awesome LOL. Dragon Bound was good and Lady Amelia was short, but sweet :)

    And yes, I hate the vertigo... and thinking that I'll have to deal with that the rest of my life, well it just depresses me :(

    Christine - No ringing in the ears, just the vertigo and nausea :(

    LOL, as long as it's good pressure :P

    Lori - You or me? LOL. I'm starting to wonder if it's the thrill of buying books for me LOL. Cos I bought 11 Scandals, but now don't really feel like reading it.

    It's good to know about changing how to sleep. I never thought it'd be so difficult!

    Alex - Thanks Alex ;)

    Tabitha - It's okay, I guess I need to start getting used to it. What about you? How's your health?

    Leslie - I start out flat on my back, but never stay that way very long ^_^;

    I haven't done more of the maneuver... I don't know if I should... what do you think?

    I want to cut my hair!! But I don't know what style :(

    It'll be interesting to discuss the book, Les... because I have a feeling we'll agree on a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sleep position should come with time. Did the maneuver help when you did it or only when the doctor did? If it helped, then I'd do it again.

    I kept the same style, just a little shorter. :)

    ReplyDelete