Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hauling Sunday XLIV

Wooohooo, I bought books this week!!! Yes, I admit it, I've been going through withdrawal LOL. So what do you think I bought?

Tada!


Zach's Law by Kay Hooper - This is a reprint :) It is part of my quest to own all of Ms Hooper's books LOL. I actually enjoy Ms Hooper's category romances... there is something quite unique to her style :)

Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn - Ms Quinn is the keynote speaker at this year's RWA Librarians Day Luncheon. This means her presence at RWA is guaranteed. As such, I was going to wait till RWA to get a copy... but that proved impossible after reading the blurb. It was just too cute to wait for LOL.


The bookstore actually had Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews, but since it has a strict release date, they couldn't sell it to me yet. Sigh. At least, I'm guaranteed to have it on Tuesday. Now, my other dilemma is whether or not I'll be able to resist the lure of Kiss of Snow. I've pre-ordered a copy, but there's no way it's going to come before Tuesday. What to do? What to do? I have some reading plans in place, but I don't know... the lure of Kiss of Snow is pretty irresistible, especially given all the great reviews on blogland :) I guess we'll see on Tuesday.

And then, to get me through the drought of new releases in June (and only partly due to RWA!!), I got a bunch of library books. Yep, library books :)





Don't know if I'll read them all, so much depends on the mood ^_^; But at least, if I do, it'll tide me over... What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. Yay for libraries!

    I rec Holly Black's White Cat - you should definitely try to read that one. I've the first Robin Hobb book, but not managed to get into it.

    And I've pre-ordered the Julia Quinn - looking forward to it! Don't blame you for caving in ;-)

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your thoughts on the JQ book!! I hope I like it, I've been up and down with her book since the last two bridgertons.

    You got other awesome books too! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read the Quinn - I keep forgetting to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Quinn too. I was surprised to see it at my wholesale store but no hesitation to pick it up. hehe.

    I pre-ordered KoS too and I want it tomorrow! But I haven't even received a shipping notification so I'm lucky if I get it this weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he... the boredom got to you. I don't blame you, lol! I'm really looking forward to reading the JQ book and of course I pre-ordered Magic Slays for my Kindle, so it will download on Tuesday. Yay! But since both of these books release on the same day, there's no question as to which one I'll be reading first. :D

    I hope you enjoy the last two books in the Balogh series. I can't wait to read your thoughts about Constantine's story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Li - Yeah well, have to say I don't love my library, but it can come in handy from time to time :)

    Yeah, I read a review for Red Glove by Holly Black or perhaps it was the back blurb and it intrigued me. So going to give a try to White Cat.

    I saw the Robin Hobb at the bookstore once, but I don't know... but since it was there, why not give it a try, right?

    Hope you enjoy the JQ :) It was a fast and cute read :)

    Alex - Hmmm, the Julia Quinn is quite fluffy. I enjoyed it, but I think it's going to be a hit or miss with most readers ^_^;

    Lori - How can you?! LOL. It doesn't sound like you...

    Tabitha - Yay! I'm so going to cave for the KOS. I know it ^_^;

    Hilcia - Totally LOL.

    I just finished Con's book this week-end. I think I've read too much in bits and parts... so when it came time to really read it, it felt a bit tedious. All in all, not bad but not wow either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so looking forward to reading the Quinn book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for getting some library books. *psst - they won't count towards your tbr pile monthly tally.* :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want the new JQ book too! It sounds too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marg - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    Leslie - LOL, I know!! That's what I thought as well :)

    Isabel - It was a nice story :) Cutesy, but not as cute as I thought it'd be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I can't wait to get the new Julia Quinn! The Balogh's look good too - hope they are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tracy - Did you get your hand on the Quinn?

    The Balogh was okay...

    ReplyDelete