Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXIX

So where's everyone? It's been very quiet on blogland and I hope everyone's okay. I'm thinking perhaps it's the time of the year or something. I've been feeling pretty lethargic myself... and it seems the dreaded reading slump is upon me. I've been really having difficulty at picking up books to read. I look at my TBR pile and there's not much that appeals to me ^_^; I know, I know, I've been feeling that way for a while now, but it seems worst. Luckily for me, I have a strong urge to re-read... so if I ever get to slumpville, I won't go cold turkey. I'm wondering if the feeling is linked to the fact there hasn't been many new releases lately. It would be so me ^_^;

While there wasn't many new releases, I still managed to buy some books. Yay! There's a "Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free" promotion at the moment at Chapters/Indigo ending today. That's a really awesome sale because it's usually "Buy 3, Get the 4th Free." But boy, did I have difficulty finding three books ^_^;  See I'm telling you, lack of release!! Really no fun :( I did some juggling around and came up with these :)


Sweet Enemy by Heather Snow - I had my eyes on this one, but I was a bit hesitant... Ames took care of my hesitation :) It isn't the highest grade, but taking into consideration it's a debut novel, it sounds promising.

The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley - I've actually already read this one, but didn't own a copy. Now I do :) I really liked it and hopefully, I'll be reviewing it soon.

My Wicked Little Lies by Victoria Alexander - You saw this book in my last Hauling Sunday (LXVIII) post... That was the e-book. Since I really enjoyed this book and technically, it was free, I decided to get a print copy as well :) Review should be coming shortly :)



A Lady Never Surrenders by Sabrina Jeffries - The conclusion to the popular Hellions of Halstead Hall series. I'm looking forward to see Lady Celia fall in love and find out the truth behind the parents' tragic death.

Next of Kin by Sharon Sala - Ms Sala is a favorite author of mine. Unfortunately, I find her last couple of books have been so-so, just because it's basically the same story over and over again ^_^; There's a definite pattern to her storylines :( I knew I was going to continue to support Ms Sala, but didn't know in which format... In the end, there was this sale and so, I went for the print :) Reviews have been a bit mixed, but I hope I'll get into this one.

Black Wings by Christina Henry - I was wondering which books to buy... And the thing with these kind of sale is to try to buy there books that are approximately the same price to maximize your saving, right? So I went with Black Wings because it's been on my radar for a while now and I think reviews have been favorable. Hopefully, this is a new series I'm going to follow :)

So there you go, my new books :) It's too bad the sale isn't at the end of the month with all the new releases. That would have been a lot of fun. Still, I might go to another bookstore today and see if I can take advantage of this sale again... and maybe I'll hit the UBS... Stay tuned to my next Hauling Sunday post to find out :)