Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXX

Pretty quiet week for me reading-wise and book-wise. Although I'm really happy about my blogging and reviews. Seems like I finally got into a rhythm :) Yay!! Sigh, so hard to get a great balance between reading and blogging :)

Also, curling started yesterday!! Yay! I know, I know, I've been mentioning it a lot... but I just can't help it. I've been yearning for something to watch on TV and there aren't many TV shows I'm following anymore and even then, it'd be what? Once  a week? Here, it's 3 games a day!!! And a game is about 3 hours!! For the whole week :) A lot of my friends don't get why I like curling so much. A lot of them don't even consider it a sport... but it is. It's all about execution, skills, strategy, reading the ice, nerves and momentum. It's also interesting because you can be any shape and any age and still play competitively. So far, it's already been very exciting :) Lots of close games :)

Okay, back to books. Here is what I got :)


Two books that should get my reading mojo going :)

Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb - The new In Death book. The comments I've seen for Celebrity in Death have been quite favorable and therefore, have made me excited for this release :)

No One Left to Tell by Karen Rose - It's Ms Rose, need I say more? :) Love the author and the blurb sounds great! Also, it seems that for a while, we could not buy UK edition books on Book Depository anymore... but now we can again :) That's great because I have to say, I really like this UK cover. I think it's nice than the US one :P

What about you? Any new books? :)

15 comments:

  1. I am one of those people who don't understand your love of curling. LOL But that's ok. :P

    Two excellent books, good stuff Nath! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother loves curling. She belongs to a curling club and everything. I still really don't understand, but I did watch it during the Olympics in 2010!

    I really have to get back to JD Robb. I am way back on book 13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I honestly think I'm the only person who hasn't read the In Death books! LOL
    I hope you enjoy it tons, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I'm glad you're enjoying your curling matches, Nath. I only watch them during the Olympics. *g*

    And... two books? You're doing great! That Karen Rose looks good as always. I'll wait for your review.

    New books? Hmm... no new releases for me. But I bought Unveiled by Courtney Milan and Conor's Way by Guhrke. LOL! (How could I resist getting that one)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha - you haven't been talking about curling that much recently.

    I think I've given up on the In Death books - it's been a while since I've really liked a NR book (under either name).

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ames - LOL which is surprising, Ames, considering it's so popular in your province! :)

    Thanks :) I read both already LOL. They were good books :)

    Kailana - I caught the curling fever during the 2006 Olympics Games :) I actually wished I would play, Kailana! :) There's a club near my work place actually... but I'd like someone to try with me :)

    Get back to the series, Kailana. There are some really good books ahead for you :)

    Alex - No, you're not Alex :) There are many, but seriously, this series is very good! :)

    Hilcia - Thanks! The field is really strong this year and lots of tight games and it's exciting! Lots of games won and lost on last rock!

    Seriously, I'm really doing good book-buying-wise Hils! It's actually kind of depressing LOL. And LOL, my review is up for No One Left to Tell!

    Hope you enjoy Conor's Way! It's been doing the rounds and so far, it's been getting a lot of 5 stars! :)

    Li - True, true :) But it's starting now... First, this week is the women's national. There'll be the men's national and then, the worlds for both! Woohoo :)

    Where did you stop in the In Death series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm can't quite remember - I get confused with the names! I think Promises? Read that in Nov/Dec.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear I'm the only person that is not reading the Robb series. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recently bought three more of Linda Winfree's Hearts of the South series. Only read one so far, trying to pace myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Li - You know, I don't worry about it :) Once you read the next, it'll suck you back in the series and you'll want to read more :) Oh and Promises, you're not that far behind.

    Rowena - LOL, nope you're not the only one. Of course, with Christine's In Death challenge, you are part of an endangered species :) But just here, there's Alex who hasn't read it :)

    Leslie - Nod nod. I should pick up the first one. It's in my TBR pile, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Hils. I only watch curling during the Olympics. But I do understand why you enjoy it so much! :)

    I haven't been buying many new books AT ALL in months. Only a small handful. Reading from the library, my TBR pile and the generous pass me downs from friends. :)

    I did buy and read Conor's Way by Laura Lee Guhrke last week and adored it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine - Well I don't think you guys get as much as coverage anyway ^_^;

    Well it's good that you have your library, you know. That balances it out. For me, there's just nothing out there to buy! That's the problem ^_^;

    I'm glad you adored Conor's Way!! :) Are you going to review it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should at least do a mini review commentary on Conor's Way.. we'll see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christine - I hope you do, Christine!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I suppose I could change a grade on goodreads... you don't think that's unethical? Kind of like a schoolteacher changing their mind about a student's grade on an essay or something and then changing the grade after the fact? Perhaps I'm over thinking this.. lol

    Besides, if I go change one... I'll be compelled to change a whole bunch more.

    ReplyDelete