Sunday, December 02, 2012

Hauling Sunday C

Hey everyone :) How is your week-end going? Hope it's a good one! It's the beginning of December and that means, the start for the Holidays madness for me LOL. I went shopping with some friends yesterday and wow, lots of people, lots of car! But at least, this year, I'm in the mood for Christmas, so I don't mind.


Now, let's talk books! First, as usual, we have a New Releases post over at Breezing Through. Check out the books we're looking forward to :) There are a few good books coming out, yay! But really, I don't understand the publishers and bookstores schedule strategy. You'd think they could release more books so people could buy and offer them as gifts. Also, could have more coming in January, so people could use the gift cards they have received. Ah well.

By the way, this is my 100th Hauling Sunday post! Isn't that awesome! LOL. In almost two years in half, about 130 weeks... That's pretty good numbers. It means that there were indeed weeks, I did not buy books! Although I think it's been in more recent times. Anyway, want to see what I got this week?


Cold Days by Jim Butcher - Woohoo, I've really been looking forward to Cold Days. I definitively think it's one of the best if not the best urban fantasy series out there :) Love the characters, love the world building and love the complexity of the stories and how the storylines are coming together! This is another thick book (over 500 pages) - gotta love them LOL - and I`m halfway through it... and I can tell you already that it's a winner :)

Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements by Victoria Alexander - Oups! Almost forgot that I bought this e-novella! However, that's because of I'm being absent-minded, not because it wasn't good! Yes, I already read it :) I was really looking forward to this e-novella! It's a prequel of sort to Ms Alexander's next release, The Importance of Being Wicked coming out in February. We meet Lord Stillwell in What Happens at Christmas and I was really happy to know he was having his own book and really, this e-novella is just the cherry on top of the sundae :)

Now, I'm waiting for The First Prophet by Kay Hooper. That's one thing though about changing my buying habits. Now that I pre-order a lot more, I end up waiting a lot more as well. Sigh.

What about you? Got any good books?

PS - My dizziness is getting better :) And I knock on wood every time I mention it!