Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Re-Read Challenge Reminder!

First, I'd like to say...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!
HAPPY BLOGANNIVERSARY, RENEE!!

You two have my best wishes!!

Seriously, isn't it amazing, the friends we make online? Through blogland! I'm bringing this up tonight because this week, I got a nice present through the mail from Kris. She sent me an autographed copy of Count to Ten by Karen Rose!! Woohoo!! and LOL, she told me that Karen Rose knew who I was!! Wowzer! LOL.

I'm starting to have a nice little collection of autographed novels, dedicated to me, by my favorite authors... and I've never gone to a signing!! LOL, almost all of them were gifts from bloggers... Yep, they actually went to authors signings and asked copies for me! Seriously, how nice and sweet is that?!?

When I first started blogging, it was mostly to share my reviews, my opinion on some books so it would help others to choose their books. I know that's why I started visiting blogs, to find reviews on books. I never expected this friendship... but looking back, I should have. All in all, it's just amazing!

LOL, but that's not what I wanted to remind people today. I actually wanted to point out that next week is the end of the month, so Re-Read Challenge deadline :) Last day of the month is Monday, so we still have the week-end to do our re-read :) I'll put up the post for links on Sunday. So everyone will have from Sunday, August 30, to Tuesday, September 1st, to post up their reviews :D The winner will be drawn on Wednesday morning :)

Have a nice evening!

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Cindy :)

    Happy blogiversary to Renee!

    Got my book, but losing my reviewing mojo. Uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nath!

    I'm really excited about my R-r Challenge book, Touch Not the Cat by Phyllis Whitney. I'm definitely reaching WAY back into history with this one! lol

    The generosity of readers never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Cindy!

    Thanks for the re-read reminder. I did remember but I just decided this morning what I'm going to re-read. Getting it done in time will be a challenge this month but I'm up to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - Oh no!!! LOL, maybe you can do a drive-by review :)

    Renee - You're welcome Renee!

    Never heard of the book or author. Curious to read your review now :D

    Tracy - LOL, I need to pick up mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Cindy and Blogversary to Renee!

    Nath, that is so sweet. Only the past few years that I started to check out book blogs (I was clueless, tsk tsk) and I have read of bloggers being so kindhearted and generous. Way to go! I say if you weren't such a sweet person you wouldn't get a thought much less autographed books of your favorites. So that says much about how well liked you are. And OMG, Karen Rose knows who you are? That's awesome. She is one of my top favorite authors!!! And you have an autographed book of Count to Ten -- that's one of my favorite books by her! hahaha. I'm all green now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have mine read AND written! All I have to do is post them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tabitha - Tabitha, you need a blog LOL :) I would love to get to know you more and know what you're reading and etc.

    and I know, how awesome is it that some authors know of my blog :) I mean, I'm not a big review site and I'm not as noticeable as Wendy the Super Librarian, so I was really happy to hear that :D

    LOL, Kris knew I loved Count to Ten, that's why she got it for me :D

    Kristie - You rock Kristie :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thanks Nath! and Happy Blogiversary to Renee!

    Isn't it just such a wonderful surprise to know people are thinking of you when you least expect it?

    Just so you know, I didn't sign up for any challenges this year because I failed so many times in the past few years which only further cursed my reading mojo. So this year I went with 'read what you want, just read!' and so far it's been working for me ;)

    Hugs
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have thought several times about creating a blog, if not for reviewing but at least as a diary of what I've read. But I can't seem to put into words how I feel about a book, or even to just describe the plotting and characters of the book. And then I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to update the blog often either. Ugh, pipe dreams haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love ya nath :)

    I have done my re-read, but now have to get motivated to write the review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy - You're welcome Cindy :D

    I know, it's great that people remember you when they're having fun. Makes you feel special :D

    Don't worry about not signing up for the challenge. I'm sure that many feel like you. Even I do sometimes.

    Tabitha - I think you should. It doesn't matter if you can't update often, but it's a place for people to know you. LOL, I mean, I know you love Karen Rose... but I don't always remember... and what about other authors?

    As for reviews... well mines aren't always great. The idea is to share opinions more :D

    Kris - Thanks Kris, Love you right back :D

    Review, review, review!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    I just wanted to say thanks for dropping by blog. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my dislike of To Die For :)

    ReplyDelete