Sunday, March 06, 2011

Hauling Sunday XXXIII

It's Sunday again! Seriously, I don't know what's been happening in the past few weeks, but time is really going by fast! Everything seems to be a blur ^_^; Ah well, I guess it's life LOL.

Reading-wise, this week was so-so. I don't know, I have all those books I've been looking forward to, Blackout by Rob Thurman, River Marked by Patricia Briggs... and it seems my brain just froze. I couldn't pick up any of those books and worse, it took me a week to read Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, sigh. However, I did re-read parts of Demon Angel by Meljean Brook and Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher. Seems like my brain wanted something familiar :) Of course, that reminds me that I haven't reviewed the rest of the Codex Alera series... Maybe soon. Then again, I'm so behind on my reviews... but at least, I haven't forgotten them :)

Okay, something more cheerful - my new books! I actually only had a couple few new releases for March on my TBB list and nothing before the end of the month. However, this week was spring break so most elementary and high schools were off. That meant no traffic!! But more importantly, a sale on children and YA books!! So I went ahead and got a bunch of books that caught my attention throughout the past year. So here is my YA galore :)








Oh and I cannot forget...



Eighth Grade Bites and Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer - I'm actually not very familiar with this series and author and haven't heard much about it on blogland. However, I always see her books at the bookstores. Always. What drew my attention is the covers and their concept and the fact that the main character is a boy. So we'll see how it works out :)

Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction by Simone Elekeles - An author and books that have gotten a lot of good buzz :) I was a bit hesitant about these books, because I'm not a huge fan of contemporary YA, but Ames loved it :)

Pegasus by Robin McKinley - Another book Ames have enjoyed greatly :) Also, I like the idea of pegasi :) Seems like a book for me :)

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes - I got this book because it's been featured at Book Binge and I trust the ladies over there :)

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - I've been eying this book for ages! Even before the release date. I mean, have you seen the cover?!? LOL. Just gorgeous and I hear the story is good :)

If I Stay by Gayle Forman -  Mollie loved this book, apparently, a very emotional journey. Again, I wasn't too sure about it, but it's paperback so why not? :)

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - She's one of the top contemporary YA author for me, probably the first one I've really read and collect her books. I'd actually like a bit more romance and wrapping up, but I really like her style of writing.

River Marked by Patricia Briggs - Seriously, do I need to say anything? :P Okay, yes I do. I want the next Alpha and Omega book!!!!

So tada!! I think I'm good on YA books for a while :) What do you think? LOL.

12 comments:

  1. Did you see the new Alpha & Omega got pushed back to 2012! I was very annoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nath, lots of YA! That's definitely unusual for you. :)

    I'm in a fantasy reading kick at the moment, although frankly I'm not reading much of anything. I didn't read ANYTHING last week! But, I began and finished two categories yesterday and feel better -- phewww.

    I still have to buy Blackout by Thurman and the latest Julie James. I'll probably do that later today. :) But, I did get Grail by Elizabeth Bear and an old Judith Tarr fantasy book "Rite of Conquest" this last week. Those were my two buys for the week. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I hope you enjoy the books as much as I did!!

    Good week Nath. Very jealous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books Nath!
    I love love love many of them, like Supernatural and This Lullaby, I hope you like them too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great YA books this week. Love love love all of Sarah Dessen's books.
    If I Stay is so great but there is still so long to wait for the sequel - it's driving me crazy.
    Paranormalcy is also awesome.

    I couldn't believe it when I saw Spell Bound on netgalley I may have even freaked out a little when my request got accepted. I haven't read Waking the Witch yet but after a month of non-stop working I finally have four days off and all I am going to do is read and sleep.

    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bit of a haul there!

    I have Perfect Chemistry checked out from the library - must start reading soon.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kailana - Yeah, I know. I'm not happy either, but what can you do? The worst though is the news that Ms Briggs might just write one book per year, so it'll be alternating between the two series :(

    Hilcia - LOL, one word, Hils: sale. They are books that I've been eying, wondering whether to pick or not... and why not? :)

    It's work, right? :( Well at least, you know that you can still read :) me, it was just not feeling it which is ugh.

    I started Blackout yesterday, hoping to finish it today :) Not what I expected, but in a good way :)

    Ames - I hope so too :) And why are you jealous? You've read most of them!

    Alex - I hope so too!! I'm curious about The Lullaby :)

    Sally - Isn't the sequel to If I Stay coming out soon? I've seen the new cover for it around blogland...

    Enjoy Spell Bound! :)

    Li - Yep :) I think that's what going to happen for YA, each year LOL.

    I hope you enjoy Perfect Chemistry :) Maybe that'll be our buddy review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because of the amount of books you bought! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul Nath! If I Stay is one I've been thinking of getting. I think Christine liked it.

    The Elekeles always get such good reviews, curious to see what you think. :)

    Cool - Hils hasn't bought Blackout yet. And here I was worried that you two would have it read before I even got it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, look at all those YA books. Let me know what you've read and enjoyed. ;)

    I want the Briggs but don't have that urge to read it so I'm holding off on buying it. For now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great haul!

    IF I STAY!!! YESSSS!!!! I love it! I can't wait for the next book to come out...supposed to be soon!!!

    I really enjoyed Perfect Chemistry (except for the cheesy epilouge) I was pretty disappointed in Rules of Attraction though. Carlos just didn't do it for me like Alex did! Will be interested to hear your thoughts on them!


    Paranormalcy sounds interesting too!

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ames - LOL. You could, if you really want it :P

    Leslie - I remember Christine liking it as well, but couldn't find her review...

    I'll let you know about the Simone Elkeles...

    As for Blackout ^_^; Well it seems I forgot to ask Hils to buddy review it, so she already reviewed it... It's going to be you and me only ^_^;

    Tabitha - I will definitively :)

    I haven't had the urge either, but decided to pick up River Marked today and from what I read, I think I'm going to like it a lot :)

    Mollie - Yep :)

    I've seen the cover for the second, so I guess it should be coming out soon.

    I'm looking forward to Perfect Chemistry. I think that's the next book I'm going to read :P

    ReplyDelete