Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hauling Sunday XXXVI

Hey there all!! How are you doing? :) This week has been pretty much up and down for me... so to cheer me up, I went a bit crazy on the book buying yesterday :) I think I deserve it and even if I don't, well who's going to stop me? :) So let see what I bought!

I started off the week with these two:


Song of Scarabaeus by Sara Creasy - This has been on my radar for a while... Actually, pretty much since Hils reviewed it :) I was actually going to get it as an ebook, but then, there was a 20% off coupon at Chapters/Indigo, so why not?

Almost Home by Mariah Stewart - I bought this one based on the blurb. It sounded pretty cute and something right up my alley :) Also, that 20% off coupon didn't hurt LOL.


Then, did you know...

Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne - So I read Texas Glory this week and really, it seems this year is going to be a Lorraine Heath year for me :) I am just enjoying her writing so much :) So what does it have to do with this book? Well did you know that Lorraine Heath also writes YA under the name of Rachel Hawthorne?!? Because I didn't! However, now that I know, I sure am going to try her out! :)


And I bought some e-books. Yes, e-books!! Surprised?




Texas Splendor and An Invitation to Seduction by Lorraine Heath - Yes, I continue by Lorraine Heath's kick :) After reading Texas Glory, I want to read Austin's story :) However, didn't really have the patience to hunt it down, so e-book it is :) After going through Ms Heath's back list, An Invitation to Seduction is the one that caught my attention the most. Seems like the kind of storyline I enjoy :) Also, if I'm going to buy one ebook? Why not two? Didn't hurt there was a 25% off either LOL.

Here Comes the Groom by Karina Bliss - This one came to my attention after reading Holly's review. I made the decision to buy it, but I was hesitating a little bit on format. The problem with category romance is that 1) I don't read much of it and 2) by the time I hear about a good book, they're usually off shelves already ^_^; So I've been thinking about it and decided that from now on, I would buy them in e-book format... that way, I didn't have to go crazy and look for it, plus I get to save a little bit, tiny bit, of space :P

Juggling Baby and Briefcase by Jessica Hart - I was going to buy this one back in October and got wishy-washy and lost the opportunity ^_^; At first, it was okay, but then I read Wendy's review and really kicked myself ^_^; So then, I decided to wait till I'd buy some e-books to get this :)

Demon Kissed and Shadow's Caress by Patti O'Shea - Ms O'Shea is one of my favorite paranormal author. There's just something about her characters and storylines that work for me :P Unfortunately, she's not hugely popular :( And this year, I don't really know if she has a new release with Tor :( However, she's had a few novellas/short stories with Harlequin that I've been meaning to get, but haven't yet, because it was e-book... and so I did yesterday :)


So there you have it, my new books :) I guess it'll be interesting to see if I buy more e-books in the near future or not LOL. What about you? Any interesting purchase?

12 comments:

  1. Always good to see someone buying lots of books - makes me feel less guilty.
    I just went and read the review for Song of Scarabaeus, I am not a huge sci-fi girl but I like the sound of this one. It may be turning up in my next IMM post.
    I've only read one Lorraine Heath book so far but I really loved it I have another one on my tbr list. I had no idea she wrote YA under another name - I may have to check it out.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh totally forgot to say that yes The Iron Thorn is CK's new YA steampunk series.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot of books!
    :D
    Hope you like them all!
    And do let me know how the YA Lorraine Heath book turns out! :D

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Bliss book in my own digital TBR.

    I hope you like the Hart. I didn't lurve it as much as Oh So Sensible Secretary, mostly because I had to "get past" the secret baby stuff. But you've read my review....so you've been warned :) I did end up enjoying it immensely though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh you definitely went shopping this week! Lots of Lorraine Heath... I loved her books too, so I can see why you bought those. :)

    I have got to read more Pattie O'Shea, I like her too. And I hope you enjoy Song of Scarabaeus, I'm looking forward to reading the sequel in a couple of days. :) I read Here Comes the Groom and have a Mini coming up for it soon.

    Greeeeat haul Nath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So the Heath got you into the western mood - Yeah! I've got a bunch of hers on the TBR pile that I need to get to. And the Bliss I have in ebook too.

    Nice haul Nath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally - LOL, I know what you mean, Sally :) Glad I can help LOL.

    Sounds interesting, Song of Scarabaeus, right? I'm normally not a huge fan of sci-fi either, but that one...

    I remember last year when I went to RT, CK talked about her new YA series... it sounded interesting, but I've never read her books... looking forward to your review ;)

    Alex - I'll let you all know about the YA by Lorraine Heath :)

    Wendy - Well I actually like the secret baby plot LOL, so that shouldn't be a problem :)

    Hilcia - I might not get all her back list though, but so far, I'm enjoying what I'm reading, so it's all good :)

    Looking forward to your mini :)

    Leslie - LOL yes. I guess you need to find *the* book that will start the ball rolling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, lots of goodies there! Did all the book buys help cheer you any? I miss shopping in an actual bookstore! And whoa you bought e-books! Did you read any yet on there? Lol.

    So how is the Heath YA?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Nice recovery from the previous week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tabitha - LOL, it did!! :) and yes, I've read some of them LOL.

    The YA is so-so :(

    Ames - Thanks LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU bought ebooks??!!!!!!!!

    *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine - I know, right?!? :P

    ReplyDelete