Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hauling Sunday LI

Okay, can someone tell me how another week has gone by?!? I really can't believe it's the end of July already!! RWA was a month ago! A month!! Time goes by too fast :(

Anyway, I'm really sorry I haven't been more on blogland these past few weeks. Work has been busy and instead of blogging, I've been reading :) Wait till you see my monthly recap!! :) Also, my sister has been spending a lot of time in my room, i.e. she's been hijacking my computer LOL. I'll try my best though to get back in the rhythm :)

In the meantime...


Confessions of an Improper Bride by Jennifer Haymore - I've never read Ms Haymore's books before, mostly because her debut novel, A Hint of Wicked, was about a love triangle... and I don't like that story trope. However, when I read the blurb of Confessions of an Improper Bride, it sounded really interesting... and yes, I like twins storylines LOL.

Ghost Story by Jim Butcher - I've really been looking forward to Ghost Story!! Dying to find out what happened to Harry and where the series is going from here on :) Now that Mr Butcher is done with with the Codex Alera series, I wonder if there'll be two Dresden Files books a year... but I doubt it. Does that mean, there'll be another series? What do you think?

Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong - Okay, so I haven't read Waking the Witch yet, but still went ahead with Spell Bound... it's Ms Armstrong and Women of the Otherworld series - what can I say? Or more like, what can I do? LOL. And as you can see, I've elected to go with the Canadian cover. It breaks the flow a little, but I really like the Canadian cover of Spell Bound :)

And that's it for the week :) Not bad, right?

5 comments:

  1. You just made me want to try Jennifer Haymore again - I tried the first, didn't get far into it.

    :D
    Let me know how that turns out and enjoy ze books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex - Why did you get far? The storyline or the writing? :)

    I'll let you know how it turns out :) Hopefully, soon ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still haven't read Waking the Witch?! LOL Oh, Nath. (confession - I still haven't read The Iron Duke).

    I know what you mean about time flying - how did August get here already?

    I have 2 or 3 of Ms. Hayworth's books on the TBR pile which I really need to get to.

    Are the Dresden books HC? If so, I'd guess it will stay at 1 a year & he'll start a new series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Armstrong covers are all over the place! I just recently read Spell Bound and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie - LOL. No, still haven't read Waking the Witch... Or The Iron Duke, so you're not making me feel better!! LOL.

    Yeah, the Dresden books are in HC. Well he used to have two books a year in HC for different series, right? so i don't see why we couldn't get two Dresden books now. Something a la J.D. Robb...

    Kailana - I know! Same thing for me, especially since they changed the cover theme midway. Sigh.

    I skimmed through it a bit and it sounds good! Now, I need to read Waking the Witch...

    ReplyDelete