Sunday, November 04, 2012

Hauling Sunday XCVI

Hi everyone!

How's your week-end going so far? I'm sooo glad we get an extra hour of sleep! Especially since I need it. I fell during the curling game on Friday evening and hit my head on the ice pretty hard :( At first, it wasn't too bad because I didn't have that much pain. Actually I still don't have that much pain nor any headaches, but yesterday, I felt nauseous the whole day :( Also, I was cold and hot the whole day too. I called the health phone line and the nurse told me being nauseous after hitting my head is normal... but if I vomit, become dizzy or have any changes in my behavior, to head to the hospital straight away :( As for the hot and cold thing, well part of it is because the weather is changing and temperature is getting colder... but it could also be me being febrile, a reaction from my nerves system. Sigh. Luckily, that's gone. As for the nausea, it's better than yesterday, but still takes me by surprise from time to time :(

Anyway, there'll be no curling recap this week. Not because I hit my head, but simply because that was also my only game. Our game on Thursday was canceled and is to be rescheduled. So I only played Friday... and 5 ends. I had some nice shots, but we were getting beaten so badly! When I left the ice, we were trailing 11-1 ^_^; Anyway, they have these head-bands for curling where it's like a little cushion for behind the head. I'm considering it. What I absolutely need though is curling shoes with proper gripper. So yeah, big bummer. I had such a high last week playing curling and this week was such a low :(

Luckily, to cheer me up, there's always books :) Here is what I got through the mail:


First Impressions by Nora Roberts - I was at the bookstore not long ago and came across First Impressions which is a reprint of Ms Roberts' two oldies: First Impressions and Blithe Images. I've been on a contemporary romance kick, plus it's Ms Roberts, so when I came home and saw it for 5.81$ on Book Depository, I pre-ordered it :) Gotta say, I love the cover :P

Seducing Mr. Knightly by Maya Rodale - I have yet to read The Tattoed Duke and I have no idea when I'll get to it. However, I couldn't resist the blurb of Seducing Mr. Knightly. Annabelle's crush for Mr. Knightly have been hinted throughout the series and you gotta support a woman who goes after what she wants!

***

And from Laura Florand, I received:


The Chocolate Kiss by Laura Florand - I got an email from Ms Florand asking me if I wanted a copy of The Chocolate Kiss, even though it was an uncorrected proof with mistakes in it. Of course, I said yes!! LOL. Stay tuned for a review soon-ish LOL.

***

So that's my week. Next week should be even better :) Well I hope LOL. What about you?

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope you're feeling better!

    I keep meaning to check out Laura Florand, because I know you really love her books. I'm planning on trying the novella she just released.

    I just transferred all my ebooks from my old Kindle to my new (VERY painful process, though I think I made it way more difficult than it should be), and am feeling guilty about the number of unread books I have...

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your fall!!

    As a person who has spent about an 1/8 of her life on head-injury watch (as in im clumsy and forever falling down or hitting my head - the nausea bit is common, so is getting a little fever or chills if the hit was hard enough. Hope you start feeling right as rain soon!

    And that cover for First Impression is so cute, you intrigued me about the Mr. Knightly book, I hope you review it soon! and the chocolate one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you like First Impressions? I love that story, it's such a good NR book...it's like all the right pieces were in the right places at the perfect time. Lol
    It's a classic NR story, but so cute. :)

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Li - Yeah, ouch :( The nausea is pretty much gone today, which yay! It means I can now eat... but I think the dizziness is starting :( It really sucks :(

    And oh, I hope you enjoy the Laura Florand, Li!! Let me know :) I enjoyed that novella, so I hope you will too :P

    and LOL, well tell yourself a lot of those books, you didn't pay for or paid very little :P

    Alex - I hope I start feeling right again soon, Alex! The nausea is almost gone and I had the chills, but those are gone as well. Now though, I feel like I might have some dizziness. Sigh.

    I've just started Seducing Mr. Knightly. Will let you know how it goes!

    Sonia - I enjoyed First Impressions mainly because the heroine was so bubbly. There was some aspect of it that I did question, but overall, it was enjoyable. Blithe Images though, ugh. That one did not work for me ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Nath, sorry you weren't feeling well after that fall. I hope you're feeling better by now? Make sure you get the right equipment for your sport. Not only will it make the sport safer for you, but it will probably make it easier, too. :)

    I have to admit I adore the NR cover too. I have always wanted to read Maya Rodale's books. I've read the blurb on that one and it does sound cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine - Ouch indeed Christine :( I got the curling shoes yesterday with the gripper. Should make it all better :)

    Seducing Mr. Knightly was quite cute :P Let me know if you're going to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete