Thursday, November 01, 2012

Monthly Reads - September 2012

Wowzer, first of the month and I have a Monthly Reads post up!! LOL, I can't remember when is the last time it happened! Of course, this post being for September instead of October is just a small detail :) But hey, I'm catching up!! Only one month behind instead of two :)

By the way, one monthly feature I'm always prompted with is the New Releases post :) Head over to Breezing Through  to check out what books Ames, Monroe and I are looking forward to. Here's a little hint...


***

Now, onto business. September started out as a really good month for me. There were books by some favorite authors that I was really looking forward to... and half-way through the month, I started slipping into a reading slump. Ugh, the pain!! So here is what I managed to read:


1) Ruined by Moonlight by Emma Wildes: B+


2) Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh: B


3) Playing to Win by Jaci Burton: C


4) More Than One Night by Sarah Mayberry
Upcoming Review.


5) Along Came a Duke by Elizabeth Boyle: C


6) Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros:


7) Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks: B


8) Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb: B


9) Speechless by Hannah Harrington: B


10) Riveted by Meljean Brook: B-
Upcoming Review.


11) Breaking Point by Pamela Clare: B
Upcoming Review.

***

Balance
Books bought: +10
Books read: -11
TBR pile: -1


Genres
Category Romance - 1
Contemporary Romance - 2
Historical Romance - 3
     --> (Regency - 2/Medieval - 1)
Urban Fantasy - 1
Steampunk Romance - 1
Mystery/Thriller - 1
Romantic Suspense - 1
YA - 1

***

All in all, September wasn't such a bad month. I still managed to have a negative balance for the TBR pile and still made it into the 2-digits for the number of reads. It is the lowest for the year though, but it didn't mark a new low as it equaled March. However, I can't help but be disappointed because September was so promising. However, now all I can remember from September is that stupid reading slump and how I struggled to read. Not a nice feeling at all.

Anyway... I know October was better LOL. Hopefully, November will be as well!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty good month, I'd say! I think I'm going to do my October monthly read post today. I'm still working towards reading 101 books in 2012, but it's going to be REALLY close, nath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine - Yeah, not bad, not bad LOL. I'm glad you have a chance to make it :) Me, I'm about 20 books behind my objectives :( So no chance, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhh... well that's how many I have to read, too. You don't think we can do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine - No, 20 is feasible. What I mean is I'm behind on my objective by 20, so right now, I have 53 books to read in order to make it. According to Goodreads, I should have been at 30 books left to read. 30 is still feasible, but 50? No chance LOL. So yes, I think if you still have 20, you can make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh That's a different story.

    Although... graphic novels and novellas? LOL! ; )

    ReplyDelete