Monday, August 27, 2007

Last week and week-end

how is everyone doing? seems like everyone has been pretty busy since blogland is so quiet... which is why I haven't really updated my blog either LOL :P Anyway, hopefully, everyone will be back by next week :P

Las week was pretty crazy for me at work. I hated it, basically. Between doing many experimens and getting lectures from a co-worker, I thought I was going to break down :( and I still haven't signed my contract yet, which pisses me off :(

Also, still haven't gotten by car back. The garage said if everything went well, I would get it by the end of the week (which was last week). Then, I asked them to change my windshield as well... so I hope that's the reason for the delay. In any case, I'll have to call the garage today if I still haven't received a phone call from them. By the way, something strange happened last Friday. I was on my way to work and at the exact same place the accident happened, I think I saw the guy/truck that caused the accident. I was driving and he got on the highway, so I didn't get the chance to memorize his license plate... I'm also wondering if it's worth all the trouble... since my accident is considered as a hit and run and so on. I mean, sure, I'd like to get him arrested or anything, but at the same time, I don't want any troubles, since my car is repaired and everything's been dealed with the insurance... Anyway, my guess is that he uses that road for work... so there might be a chance for me to see him again. Although, I'm not 100% sure that it was him ^^;

Onto another news, my reading mojo is completely back :D I read Coming Undone by Susan Andersen, The Pleasure Trap by Elizabeth Thornton and Missing by Jasmine Cresswell during the week-end. Going to try to review them asap. I also went to a wedding... again, it was pretty boring. I didn't know anyone and I'm glad I don't have to go to the one on Sunday.

Finally, I've been watching the IAAF world championship track and field. I love to watch sports on TV (not team sports like hockey or basket ball)... Carolina Kluft has won a third consecutive title in heptathlon. This time, breaking her personal record... that woman is really awesome :P Also, the coming two weeks are the US Open! Yippee!

anyway, got to run.. have to work... I'm supposed to cut down on blogging at work ^^; let see how it goes. I also hope that this week is going to be less busy!

latah everyone!

4 comments:

  1. That sucks about the car. I hope you get it back soon.

    You should totally stalk that guy you think hit you. It could actually be him and he needs to own up to what he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Mom so I think you should avoid the guy in the truck like the plague. If he gave you wrong information he might get mad if you try to catch him and hurt you.

    Hope you get your car back. We think we've found a car for Beanie. It's just too hard to continue to do all this driving so we are giving him the extra $$ and he's paying us back. Cross your fingers the new car's in our driveway tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabel - I'm definitively calling today to see when I'm getting my car back... I'm missing my car and it's hard to keep the rental clean LOL :P As for the guy, I don't know... lots of trouble, in my opinion.

    Rosie - I'm leaning towards that, staying away. I don't think that he would hurt me, but then, what do I know?

    I'm glad to hear that Beanie got a car :P it's going to be way easier for all of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have a rental although I know what it's like to not be able to make a mess. My car was gone for two weeks and I couldn't store all my take out bags in the rental ;)

    Sorry about work. Bob is a lecturer but I think it's more about the way he explains things. He doesn't leave out any detail which means I'm usually rolling my eyes and saying 'Really? I have to put my shorts on AFTER my underwear!' You know, basic stuff that everyone knows but somehow Bob has to explain. Luckily I love him though ;)

    And woohoo on your reading mojo!! I'm hoping to see my return on Tuesday when everyone goes back to work and school!

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete