Tuesday, April 27, 2010

RT 2010: Day 0

Hello everyone :D

Just to let everyone know that Jill, Kristie and I made it safely to Columbus :) I don't know how often I'm going to be able to blog... so I'll take this opportunity to blog a little...

Day started early for me, 5am to be exact. Luckily, I was all packed. The most difficult was actually choosing which books to bring with me on the plane. I got a case of "nothing appeals to me." Sigh. I finally brought Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts, Warprize and Warlord by Elizabeth Vaughan and Iron King.

My flight was delayed because they had to defrost the plane ^_^; Did I mention wet snow? However, I had  3 hours lay-over, so I was safe. The funniest thing happened to me though in Toronto while I was waiting for my 2nd flight. I was sitting there, waiting... and the two ladies next to me started talking and one mentioned Lori Foster signing. Then, I looked over and she had a Sony e-reader... so I asked if they were going to Columbus and if yes, RT convention... and they were!! One lady was an editor for Samhain, the other was... Michelle Rowen!! I got a nice little bookmart - my first freebie even before getting to Columbus! By the way, both ladies were very nice :) The connection is not just between bloggers, but even author-reader! Oh... and the flight from Toronto and Columbus? Ugh. I still feel nauseous from it... it was such a small plane!

Jill was already waiting for me when I got to Columbus airport and we shared a cab to get to the hotel. Kristie joined us about an hour later and after some rest, we headed out for some snack. Then, I went to the RT Virgin for some tips :)

The coolest thing though was that we were meeting with Mollie from Book Fare Delights - a Columbus native - for dinner at 7pm. The group suddenly expanded when Jill's friends joined us as well as author Delilah Marville! We had a really great time during dinner just talking about books, blogging and etc. :) So far, it's really been great. There's an insane amount of people this year - apparently, they're expecting 1200 attendees!! Can you imagine? That's just a lot, lot, lot of people! And everyone is just so friendly. People just come up to each other and start up conversation.

Anyway, so far it's very cool and relax... the next few days will probably be a lot, lot, lot busier :D But I'll still try to blog. Pictures to come later. I haven't figured out how to upload them ^_^;