Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RT 2010: Day -7

So it's official, there's only one week left till I make my way to Columbus, Ohio. WOOOOHOOOO!!! By this time, next week, I'll hopefully be enjoying a nice meal with Jill, Kristie and Mollie :)


I'm really super excited about the trip, meeting bloggers and authors, attending my first book convention! I know I'm going to have a blast!! I can't wait to start packing and organizing my stuff. I've gradually started checking out some stuff, trying to set up a loose schedule - I like to have an idea of what I'm going to do... Just as a guideline :D

So far, the dread-syndrome hasn't hit me yet. I don't know about you, but whenever I go on a trip, the few days just before, I start dreading it. Just don't want to go anymore ^_^; Of course, once I'm on the road, I completely forget about it and have a great time... but so far, nothing. Perhaps it's too early and it hasn't hit me yet. Perhaps it's because I've been so busy at work and I just want time off LOL.

While the dread-syndrome hasn't hit me yet, I've started worrying about the small details. Did you know I was an awful fretter? Yep, I worry about small things... How am I going to bring everything back home, the suitcases, the customs, etc. Also, I couldn't get a direct flight from Montreal to Columbus, so I'll be stopping at Toronto. I rarely buy connecting flights, I hate connections. This mean I'll have to go through the customs in Toronto... not sure how it's going to turn out.

A lot of emotions going through me right now :) And lucky you, I'll keep you posted on it all! :D

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your fun at RT. I'm getting excited for you. :D

    If it makes you feel better, I pack for 3 people - me & the boys. Plus all the medicine, snacks, books, maps, tour guides etc.

    Just pack light so you have room for all those books. I would also map out where the closest UPS store is to the hotel in case you have to ship books home.

    Less than a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to every single thing Leslie said! ^_~



    p.s. I think I suffer a little from that dread-syndrome too. I stress out A LOT over all the "before the trip" stuff. Thankfully, I let it go once I'm gone. I hope you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much time do you have before your connecting flight? I hate connecting flights too. I hope yours go okay.

    Yay, can't wait to hear your thoughts on the convention. I've never been to one and don't know when I ever can afford one so I live vicariously through others' trips. lol.

    Weeeell, if you don't have enough space in your suitcase for your books or you don't feel like dealing with customs, you can always ship the books to me. I'm in the states. Just a thought. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie - LOL, thanks Leslie :D

    Oh gosh, I'm an over-packer, that's the worst. Packing light? What does that mean?!?! LOL.

    Christine - It's not just stressing out before a trip, Christine. It's basically not wanting to go anymore, at all!! Gets me every time... but luckily, once I'm in the air, I'm usually okay. Come to think of it... it's not just traveling, but also organized events and stuff. Weird, sigh.

    Tabitha - Oh, I have 3 hours on my way to the RT and 4 hours on my way back home. So I think that's enough time for connection, right?

    LOL, hopefully, I'll have time to blog and everything. If not, I'll be taking notes... lots of it!! :D

    Actually, you know what? It might not be a bad idea to take your address, just in case!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like connecting flights either but sometimes, you gotta do what you have to do. You'll have tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the Columbus trip came so fast! have a great time and hopefully the 'dreads' don't last too long. I swore I was the only person who felt that way before a vacation.

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - it's hit me - or what I consider the "I'm too excited to get all the stuff I need to get done!!" Syndrome. It hits me every time - so I end up doing nothing and packing at the very last minute - hoping beyond hope that I haven't forgotten anything and in order to avoid that, overpack way too much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isabel - True, true :D

    Cindy - I know!! I can't believe it's here already!! Jeez, time goes by!!

    Nope, you're not the only one feeling that way. I think it's leaving my bed behind... if only I could bring it with me LOL.

    Kristie - LOL. We're both going to be run around like mad on Sunday!! :D At least, we're three sharing the room together... so hopefully, we didn't forget all the same thing!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more I read about RT, the more fun it sounds! I am very jealous of everyone who is attending :-)

    I reckon it's because you're so busy at work it's not going to hit you until you're actually in the air. By which time it'll be too late ;-)

    Can't wait to read about your take on it.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  10. Li - LOL, perhaps one day, you'll have the chance to attend to one?

    Yeah, I guess it's a good thing that I've been so busy. Still...

    Hope I'll be able to blog during :D

    ReplyDelete