Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hauling Sunday XXIX

Don't you think that week-ends are too short? I know it's only Sunday today, but I'm not ready for it to be the last day of the week-end. I haven't recovered from my week yet or started cleaning up ^_^; Also, I'm dreading going back to work, because it seemed we're having a problem. Sigh.

Okay, let's think happier thoughts! :) And there's nothing happier than books :) Another pretty good week for me :) And I assure you, I did show some restraint... not much, but some :P






Unveiled by Courtney Milan - I've read Ms Milan's debut novel and liked it enough. I've been planning to read more of her, Trial by Desire sitting in my TBR pile. I was going to wait till I finished that one to get Unveiled, bu it's been getting really good review and I had a 5$ off coupon on a purchase of 35$ and more... So why not?

Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh - This was the release of the week, that I really wanted :) No need to say more, right?

The Countess by Lynsay Sands - Another book that has been getting good reviews :) And with Avon books being 11$/each, I've been buying them all with coupons. (Only exception is Scandal of the Year, but I got that one with a gift card :P)

Here to Stay by Catherine Anderson - Hmmm, I've read and enjoyed some of Ms Anderson's books in the past, so I picked this one up in order to be able to use my coupon. Yes, everything revolves around coupons :P

Absolutely, Positively by Heather Webber - I really enjoyed this series so far and can't wait for this installment!! :)

Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis - I'm giving another go at Ms Shalvis' books. Hopefully, this one will be the one :)

And there you go, my haul for this week. At the beginning of the month, I thought I was doing so well... Now? There's no way I'm going to have a negative balance in my monthly reads post LOL.

14 comments:

  1. Excellent haul Nath.

    Absolutely, Positively... definitely for me. :D I'll also be getting Animal Magnetism by Shalvis, and eventually Archangel's Consort by Singh.

    I used to read Catherine Anderson, but haven't done so in a long time. I'll wait for your review on that book. :D

    And YES, weekends are waaayyy too short. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty new background Nath!

    I too used to read Catherine Anderson but stopped a few years ago. Not sure why...

    I read such positive reviews for Courtney Milan. I do have her first book somewhere around here. :)

    Only six this week. You showed admirable restraint. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear what you think of The Countess, I usually love Lynsay Sands' historicals because they are just so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilcia - LOL, I've really been lucking out on the hauls :)

    Hils, I've just finished Animal Magnetism... do you want it?

    As for the Catherine Anderson, no idea when I'm going to get to it ^_^;

    and ugh about week-ends being too short. I want another vacation!!

    Leslie - Thanks Leslie :) Glad you like it :)

    Well most popular reasons for stopping reading Ms Anderson has been 1) her books are too sweet and 2) a bit of repetition, since her heroines are "flawed."

    And hey, it was restraint... I was looking for three other books to buy, because of the coupon LOL. Then, decided just not to.

    Alex - I've never read Ms Sands historical, so I'm curious to find out how she fares :) I've read a few of her vampires books... I didn't realize she had such a backlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul Nath!!

    And yes, I think this past week you have shown restraint. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I really enjoyed Unveiled so I look forward to reading your thoughts on that one. I liked Animal Magnetism as well, it reminded me of Ames because there's so many animals in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, do I want Animal Magnetism? Yesss! Thanks Nath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't remember Nath - did you like the first book in the Singh Angel series? I was more 'meh' about it because it took so long for anything to happen. So I'm asking if the books get more active as the series moves on.

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golly, I just love your Hauling Sunday posts, nath! It's ALMOST as exciting as buying the books myself! LOL

    I want Unveiled, Archangel's Consort and Absolutely, Positively, too!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading Animal Magnetism at the moment and loving it.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of goodies there! Like Christine, I like your Hauling Sunday posts because I always look for more books to buy. Lol.

    I picked up the Singh and Shalvis already. Currently reading the Shalvis but...I really want my Rose book. SIGH. Tomorrow is the last day and they're going to "investigate" if it still doesn't arrive. SAD sad sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ames - Thanks, Ames :) You're the only one I know for sure is sincere and not sarcastic or teasing :P

    Rowena - LOL, a little bit as in Lilah really liked animals... but Ames is not as flighty and much more mature :)

    Hilcia - Then it's yours :)

    Cindy - I liked it, but wasn't wowed by it... but I liked the 2nd book, Archangel's Kiss, much better and it definitively convinced me to continue this series :) If you like Singh's writing, you should give Archangel's Kiss a try and then decide :)

    Christine - Living vicariously through me, aren't you? :P Just kidding. I'm glad people are enjoying :)

    By the way, get Absolutely, Positively :)

    Sally - I'm glad you're enjoying it, Sally :) I liked it, but wasn't wowed by it. I had a problem with the heroine ^_^;

    Tabitha - LOL, Tabz :) I'm glad I can help!

    I'm so sorry to hear you still haven't received the Rose, Tabz :( I hope it'll get resolved soon!!

    What do you think of the Shalvis?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to try that series by Nalini Singh very soon. It came in for me at the library the other day, but I suspended it so I could get to some other things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kailana - You haven't started this series at all? Hope you enjoy it :) I prefer the Psy-Changelings series, but one thing is sure, either way, Ms Singh is a great author :P

    ReplyDelete