Sunday, January 02, 2011

Hauling Sunday XXVI

Happy New Year!!!
May 2011 bring the best to you :)
And as usual, many and many good books!!


I hope everyone has been having a grand time during the holidays and that you had fun and enjoyed!! Even if it was chaotic and hectic :P I can't believe my vacation is almost over!! Nooooo!! Lucky me though, I am still off tomorrow... one more day and I hope to enjoy it to its fullest :P And then, Tuesday, it's back to normal life. I'm happy though, I did have a good time and I did relax :) Plus, I'm determined to resume my blogging :) My reading mojo came back and I have a feeling my blogging muse is just around the corner :)

I'm really happy my reading mojo's been back :) And to accompany it, well, of course, I've been buying books :) Hey, it needs encouragement and support! LOL.




Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - I read Leslie's review of this book and I was a goner LOL. It came across as a very fun book and that's exactly what I was looking for :) Plus, I was in the mood for something Christmas-y for the holiday :)

Wedding of the Season by Laura Lee Guhrke - I've been a fan of Ms Guhrke for the past couple of years and I've really been looking forward to her next release. It was really a pleasant surprise to find out that she was having back to back releases :P Woohoo!!

The Lady Most Likely... by Julia Quinn, Connie Brockway and Eloisa James - I was hesitant about this book at first, because I thought it was an anthology with three novellas... However, it turned out to be a novel with three parts and each author handled one romance. I thought it'd work better than a regular anthology :P Plus, the blurb sounded really good :)

Rafferty's Wife by Kay Hooper - I've been collecting every books by Ms Hooper that I can get :) She's definitively one of my favorite author, although her old and new stuff are quite different... And I'm lucky that many of her earlier books are being reprinted :)

How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling - As I mentioned in our new releases post over at Breezing Through, this book first came to my attention over at Tracy's Place (review) and it just sounded so cute! :P

Tell you the truth, I've already read 4 of these books... LOL, thinking of it, I probably should have reviewed them now in this post :P Would save me time LOL. Seriously, I've been such a slacker in December... even failing to record my reads and books bought ^_^; Let's not mention reviewing and my monthly reads lists... I still haven't done November, but I'm hoping soon... All I can say is mental exhaustion, I think that what it was... So yes, hoping that the vacation has rejuvenated my brain :P

So to a great reading and blogging year!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm still off tomorrow, too. My vacation bank will pay dearly for all this time off, but it's been so worth it! I told Bob that I'm ready to retire now :)

    I'm looking forward to reading The Lady Most Likely. I really like all the authors, so am hoping it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Nath! :-)

    Looks like you are starting the new year off with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I can't wait to read Dash & Lily!!! I got it from the library and read the first couple of pages but haven't gotten back around to starting it. I LOVED Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist so I'm looking forward to this one. Have seen a lot of great reviews for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear your reading mojo's back & that you enjoyed Dash & Lily! It was such a fun read. :)

    Kay Hooper huh? I don't think I've read anything by her. Does she write RS like Karen Rose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back to work tomorrow too - it has been an excellent holiday!

    LOL @ your reading mojo needing encouragement!

    I'm planning on getting The Lady Most Likely quite soon hopefully. And I keep on seeing Dash & Lily's Book of Dares popping up all over the place - am getting curious now...

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back to work tomorrow. I want a longer vacation. The week went by so quick!

    Glad your reading mojo is back. If you can't write, it's okay. But when you can't read that's a horrible feeling for an avid reader. And yay to having read 4 of the 5 books already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori - Yes, it's been!! LOL, a bit too young to retire though, don't you think?

    I think you're really going to enjoy The Lady Most Likely... Lori :) It seems like the type of books you usually enjoy :)

    Renee - Thank you Renee! Happy New Year to you too :)

    and yes, I'm starting with a bang. Really can't complain so far :P

    Mollie - I think you're going to enjoy it, Mollie, especially if you loved Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist. It was just such a fun book :)

    Leslie - Yep, it's back and hopefully, it'll stay :) and yes, I agree with you, Les. A fun read :)

    Kay Hooper... Hmmm, early in her career, she wrote a lot of category romances with "psychic/unexplicable" elements... then, she switched to mystery/thriller. The SCU FBI series is one of my favorite series :) You should give it a try if you like suspense and psychics :) However, because of the psychic elements, it's not suspense like Karen Rose and it's less romantic.

    Li - Yeah, glad you enjoyed it :)

    It does, it really does! Encouragement and support LOL.

    I hope you enjoy The Lady Most Likely... I think you will though :)

    As for Dash & Lily, it's just a fun book. Not totally epistolary, but still, I think you'd like it too :)

    Tabitha - It did go by a bit too quickly! :(

    Nod nod, I agree with you about not being able to read. As for writing, well I can write... but sometimes, the amount of what you need to write is daunting LOL, which is what happens with my monthly reads posts ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is such a fun read. And for a Christmas story, I think it offers a lot as far as reflecting on what matters to you about the season vs. what we're compelled to think is important.

    Here's to another great reading year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine - It definitively was a fun read :) I really enjoyed it and looking forward to review it :)

    Hope you get a great reading year too :)

    ReplyDelete