Sunday, January 09, 2011

Hauling Sunday XXVII

Hey there! How was everyone's week-end? :) Okay, okay, the week-end is not over yet... but almost if you're working tomorrow ^_^; Mine has been okay. Not much reading done, but I did plenty of that during the week, so I don't mind :) I've been having some computer problems again since Christmas and so, I decided this week-end would be spent re-formatting my computer. That's pretty much what I did, fiddle with my computer... Had to back-up everything on external hard drives, re-download and install programs, cleaned up the external hard drives and so on. And now, I'm fretting a little bit - is my computer safe or not? In short, I'm being my self: paranoid ^_^; Seriously, computers are such a source of headache, but then, can't live without them either ^_^;

Book-wise, I'm quite proud of myself :) I was a very good girl this week! Seriously!! Want to know what I got?




Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - During the holidays, I read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to read more of their work... and so, I went and got more LOL.

Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg - I wasn't planning to get Prom & Prejudice just yet. My initial intention was to wait till Ames read it and see how much she enjoyed it. However, there was 30% off on hardcover books and I thought why not? :P

Marry Me by Jo Goodman - After seeing all the good reviews for this book, I finally broke down LOL.

There you go, my new books :) And you know what? I've already read 3 of them! Go me LOL.

This week, I'm planning to try to wrap up the year 2010. Hopefully, I'll get up my December reads list soon and will try to complete the Re-Read challenge and write some end of the year posts... Then, I'll finally be able to start reviewing again! Can't wait for it, seriously! Lucky me, my boss is away till the 20th, so that will give me more time to read and blog! :) Woohoo!

10 comments:

  1. I envy your reading time - I'm about to enter painting hell - apparently a lot of things have to happen before the hardwood floors get here. Who knew?

    And I get the paranoia with computers - we put so much money into them and they are constantly getting all buggy and twitchy *knock on wood* - This one I got last year hasn't made me format it yet. And not formatting is always a good thing ;)

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a YA Hauling Sunday for you, nath! I read Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist in 2008, I think. I liked it... thought it was better than the movie. My daughter liked the movie better than the book. Go figure. She also read Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List and really liked it. I know my library has it... maybe I should borrow it on my next visit. : )

    I'm trying to wrap up my 2010 reading year, too! Maybe today, although I have a library book I have to finish...no more renewals. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Dash and Lily! I LOVED Nick & Norah...one station kept playing the movie version this weekend. I think I watched it like 3 times...well parts of it at least! I haven't read Naomi & Ely yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was one of those weekends that I got a lot done, but can't for the life of me remember what. LOL

    Busy, with some reading but no blogging or hopping done. Now I'm playing catch up!

    Good to know I'm not the only one behind on end of year wrap ups. I guess I'll post a favorites of 2010 list, hopefully this week. :)

    Curious to see if you like the Cohn/Levithan. And the western. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good haul! I bought Marry Me this week too - we'll see if it's as good as everyone says. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy - Awww sucks Cindy. My sister has been wanting to paint her room, but I told her no. Not before summer because of the paint fumes. What do you think, good decision or not?

    And it's actually a pretty smart idea to paint before putting in the new floor... Nothing more frustrating than paint stains!

    I know what you mean about computers... now, I'm starting to wonder: how much do we really know about them?!?

    Chrsitine - Yep, it kind of was :) Hmmm, I watched the movie before reading the book... and while I love that there was much more depths in the book... I'm not completely loving the book either, because it was hard to follow the thought process. While the movie was simpler, it was really meant to entertain and in that aspect, I think it succeeded.

    Good luck for the end of the year wrap up!

    Mollie - I really enjoyed Dash and Lily and I get you get your hands on it very soon. I wasn't as enamored of Nick & Norah though... Naomi & Ely, I'm keeping that for later :P

    Leslie - LOL, Les, that means chores!! And little things you've been letting slide LOL.

    LOL, I'm estimating my wrap-up will go in next week! ^_^;

    You read Marry Me already, right?

    Tracy - Thanks Tracy :) I think it is as good as everyone says or at least, a very solid book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boss is away again? That's awesome!

    Which three books have you read? I have Marry Me but in ebook. Wish I could loan it to you. Maybe if you get a Kindle? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good haul Nath. You did good with only four books this last week. Enjoy having your boss away and read, read, read. Ugh with computers! I need to clean mine up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I borrowed Ely & Naomi's No Kiss List yesterday from the library. I also borrowed another book by David Levithan. I unofficially decided to make my way through his backlist. I think he's got a very down to earth, honest and contemporary perspective of teens, especially boys, which is hard to come by in YA, I think. He also has a new book that just came out--The Lover's Dictionary: a novel that isn't YA and I'm first on the list for it at my library. It's being processed. I'm so curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tabitha - Yep, away again.

    I read Nick & Norah's, Marry Me and Prom & Prejudice :)

    and nope, not getting a Kindle :P

    Hilcia - I know! :) Isn't that great?

    Well turns out that the week was really hectic, so not a lot of reading done... but it's definitively a good thing that the boss wasn't there.

    Christine - I'm keeping Ely & Naomi for another time :P

    I think that Levithan's writing is pretty good. Curious to see if his other books are as enjoyable :P Let me know about The Lover's Dictionary!

    ReplyDelete