Monday, January 28, 2008

Great news!!

Okay, first of all... so how does it look? I think that's it for now for the template/layout. I actually had to start over again, because I upgraded the template to layout with the new blogger... but it was okay, cos turns out the code I took last time was for the layout. Confused? Then just remember: if you still see "template" in your dashbort instead of "layout" then just upgrade it... Go to template and then, Customize template tab... and it'll ask you right away if you want to upgrade or not. It's way easier to make a new template :P So again, if anything is odd or not working properly, please let me know :)

What else is new... Next week is the Chinese New Year. This year it's on February 7th. I'm kind of looking forward to it... mostly for the good food... although we'll probably not be doing much. Anyway, at least, not me since I'm going to be working. My dad has taken Thursday and Friday off... Lucky him.

Finally... LOL, I'm sooo excited about it, I don't know how to say it... It's been official since last week... Ames and I are going to Holly's wedding in March!!!!!!! Isn't that cool?!?!? Ames and I have been discussing it for a while... I finally got the days off and bought my plane tickets two weeks ago. Ames bought hers last week, so that makes it official :) We're going to be flying in Las Vegas where we'll stay a night and visit. Then, the next day, we'll drive down to Laughlin where Holly is holding the wedding. After the wedding, we'll go to Los Angeles with Rowena and Daphne and we'll be catching our flight home from there. I'm like sooo excited. Question though for those who went to Las Vegas. Ames and I want to go see a show. Any suggestion? I'm leaning towards "O" by Cirque du Soleil, but I was wondering if you guys had any recommendation?

Anyway, you will definitively be hearing about our trip again LOL :)

11 comments:

  1. Fun times ahead! Any Cirque show is going to be good. I just heard today that Bette Midler is going to be in Vegas for a 2 year run starting Feb 20. Don't know if you like her or not. Oh and the Cirque Beatles show LOVE I think it's called. I've heard good things about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nath, email me RnG1180 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look. That is awesome about the trip. That sounds like a lot of fun!! I just got done teaching my 2nd graders about Chinese New Year. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw zumanity.. I think it was called. It's cirque gone sexy. We enjoyed it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJijHC1_8Nk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and yay! I'll get to meet you both. Woo hoo! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie - I already sent you and email :P but just so other ppl know too... I'm not really a fan of the Beatles... and I didn't know who Bette Midler was before I googled her ^_^;

    Kris - I'm happy you like the look :) What do you tell 2nd graders about Chinese New Year? I'm just curious :) and yes, the trip sounds like lots of fun :)

    Isabel - a bit of a belated reaction LOL :) but yeah, i can't wait till next month!! As for Zumanity, I'm not sure if I'd like it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such great news! I'm so happy for you both and I know you'll be busy! I love that some of the Canadian Bloggers are meeting the California Bloggers ;) How long are you guys going for?

    And I can't believe you had to google Bette Midler! She rocks my socks but I think at 62 she'll have a hard time bringing her A game.

    I love the new look - very fresh!

    If you feel like it I would love to know what you usually do for Chinese New Year.

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look!! And yea for you and Ames getting to go to Holly's wedding. You will have to take us with you in your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a song about it that we sing. We talk about the good luck money and the parades and dragons and some of the other traditions. I got some books from the library and showed them some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the only other shows I know are in Vegas are musicals. Phantom of the OPera and I think Spamalot is still up and running in Vegas. Spamalot I believe is Monty Python and the Holy grail.

    I think Thunder from down under still at Excaliber. LOL. They also have the jousting/dinner thing a that hotel too. Joey and I went to that. It was alright. FOod was good. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy - I'm going for about 6 days :( Ames gets to stay half a day longer. It's going to be fun :P

    okay, what can I say, I'm ignorant. I haven't seen a movie with Bette Midler for ages... at least, I recognized her when I saw a pic of her!

    and we don't do much on Chinese New Year... at least, not here. However, in China and Vietnam, i think they get like a week or two off. lucky them.

    Kristie - Definitively :P I'll try to blog as much as possible and have the other girls blog too :P

    Kris - it sounds great :P lucky kids :P

    Isabel - I think we're going to go see the Cirque du Soleil :P I saw Phantom of the Opera in London a few years back and Excalibour sounds like the Medieval Times we did last summer when we went to the Canadian Romance Bloggers Meeting.

    ReplyDelete