Friday, February 01, 2008

January Reads

The first month of the year is over. So what do you think? Did it go by quickly or slowly? I thought January was loooong. Although long, it's been quite a good month, both reading-wise and reviewing-wise.

So here are my reads for the month of January:

1) Silk and Stone by Deborah Smith: B-
2) On Strike for Christmas by Sheila Roberts: B+
3) Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner: B-
4) Trick my Truck, but Don't Mess with my Heart by LuAnn McClane: DNF
5)Betrayed by Jamie Leigh Hansen: B-
6) Hello Doggy! by Elaine Fox: DNF
7) Stalked by Kelley Armstrong (part of My Big, Fat, Supernatural Honeymoon): B+
8) Confessions at Midnight by Jaquie D'Alessandro: B+
9) Sleepless at Midnight by Jacquie D'Alessandro: B/B+
10) A Gentle Rain by Deborah Smith: B
11) Unlucky by Jana DeLeon: B+
12) Hot by Julia Harper: B
13) Driven by Eve Kenin: C+
14) Off Limits by Michele Albert: C
15) Some Enchanted Season by Marilyn Pappano: B
16) First Kiss by Marilyn Pappano: B-
17) Crimson Moon by Rebecca York: B-

So voila, 17 books read. Two of them were DNF unfortunately... A few were quite good and entertaining, but there were a lot of meh books too. I've also been reading in spurt... meaning I'll read two or three books in a few days, then it'll take me a week to read another book. That's new. I'm usually a consistent reader, but I guess work is making me tired.

Review-wise, I also did good. 6 reviews here and 3 at Book Binge :P I'm happy, it's been a while since I've last reviewed that many books. My archives have all been updated, so you can check it there... or you can use my monthly sidebar archives too :P

by the way, if you are wondering, I did go buy Demon Night... and as a bonus, I got Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke. I blame that one on Ames though :P I had to dig through the boxes of new releases and one of the clerks looked at me crossly. Well I'm sorry, you shouldn't have left the boxes there if you didn't want customers going through them. As I predicted, I didn't get the books in my mail yet and I don't think I'll get them before Monday. So good thing I bought them...

Oh and I've started keeping track of the books I buy... but that perhaps, is not a good thing LOL...

9 comments:

  1. Wow 17 reads! Way to go!
    I might have to try one of Julie Kenners non game series (or whatever the series with the Givenchy Code is called.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I have to say that I like the bright colors on your template. The page is just so darn cheerful. I like the white frame you put around the red banner...it sets it off very nicely.

    Now to January reads. My list is going to be pretty pathetic this month. You have a good variety in your reads. Historicals, contemps and a...what do they call those Shomi books again? Anyway good list. There's a couple of authors in there I've never read like Jacquie D'Alessandro.

    Your grades are pretty good (so was your review at BB) so I guess I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nath, you totally read more than me last month! Great job!

    I have HEllo Doggy in my TBR, How come it was a DNF for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't you the busy little reader!! :-)

    I think that 'Driven' is the only one on your list that I've read. Its the first of the Shomi line of books that I've read. Not bad. I'd read another Eve Kenin after that one.

    You've just reminded me that I need to go update my reading list. Fallen behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha - You didn't do too badly either. The Carpe series is under mystery, so there's not much romance in them.

    Rosie - Thanks again Rosie. I like the new template ;) my sister says the red doesn't go with the background, but I think it adds a nice touch :)

    The Shomi books are Shomi books. I guess they're futuristic, paranormal romance? I hope you enjoy Jacquie D'Alessandro and I can't wait to see what you read in January :)

    Chantal - LOL, I was surprised when you told me that I have read more books than you did. It just seems impossible.

    Hello Doggy! heroine sucked. She's a psychologue who thinks she hasn't achieve enough in life. She thinks she's a failure, so she wants to write a book... however, they propose that she writes the hero's book, because although he has nice ideas and theories, he doesn't have credentials like she does. So she goes and in the end, spends more time trying to prove what a crook the hero is. Thing is, what he says work, what she says, doesn't. I just though the heroine wasn't great, very whiny and annoying. that's why I didn't finish the book.

    Laura - It's been a while! Where have you been? Driven wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I liked Wizard, but not the heroine too much.. .and I thought we weren't given that much background on the world. The race was bleh,uninteresting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, how do you do it? I just started my own blog this month and my reading is starting to suffer, LOL. This month I read 11 books, usually I read between 17 and 20 books a month. I have set a goal to read 12 books a month. I figured that was reasonable. That's 3 books a week, about 150 books a year. Yep statistics, I am a nerd like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill - I cheated :P I mostly blog during my working hours and then, when I get home, my life consists of reading. No family to take care of, no bf... So that's why I read so much and still have time to blog :) by the way, welcome to blogland! I like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, 17 reads! Way ahead of me. I think I had something like 6 or 7. Hmm. I'm too busy. Don't like it one bit either. I've got a backlist of Karen Rose to read as well as Suzanne Brockmann.

    I'm wondering... your two DNFs, were they chick-litty heroines? That titles and the blurbs totally turned me off, which is why neither were on my TBR. Just curious if I used good judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne - Like I told Jill, my life is not very busy :P actually, reading is almost all my life :P

    I have read almost all of Karen Rose backlist... I'M actually missing only one, maybe I should read it soon :P as for Suzanne Brockmann, I don't like her books :P

    Hmmm, I don't know if they're very chick=litty heroine... I mean, was is the real definition of chick-lit? Hello Doggy! was a DNF for me, because the heroine like I explained in a comment above for Chantal. As for the other DNF book, I just felt the book was going nowhere.

    ReplyDelete