The year is going by so quickly! It's already May! Can you believe it? Okay, I'm mostly excited about May because my birthday is on Saturday LOL :) It's definitively not because of the high numbers of romance releases this month :( Although the new Karen Rose is coming out in a few weeks (I've already pre-ordered it)... Casee's review of Taking The Heat by Kathryn Shay made me added another book to look forward to. Of course, there's the next Kresley Cole... but seriously, that's nothing comparing to June and July right? Right? Of course, to tide me over this month, there's always my TBR pile and tons of manga has just arrived to the bookstore from France. Also, strangest thing is although there's not many new releases, I find ways to still buy books. Go figure.
All right, so here are my reads for the month of April!
1) Strike Zone by Kate Angell: B+
2) Dear Santa by Karen Templeton: A-
3) Yours, Mine... Ours? by Karen Templeton: B+
4) Baby, I'm Yours by Karen Templeton: A-
5) Shaken Up & Stirred by Kathleen O'Reilley: C
6) Sex, Straight Up by Kathleen O'Reilley: B-
7) 50 ways to Hex Your Love by Linda Wisdom: C
8) Fast & Loose by Elizabeth Bevarly: C-
9) The Rules of Seduction by Madeline Hunter: B+
10) Grimspace by Ann Aguirre:
11) Forecast by Jane Tara: B
12) The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie: B
13) The Dare by Elda Minger: B+
14) A Dangerous Beauty by Sophia Nash: B-
15) The Kiss by Sophia Nash: B-
16) One Night Stand by Cindi Kirk: B
17) Not So Innocent by Laura Lee Guhkre: B (3.5)
18) Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole: B-
19) Breathless by Laura Lee Guhrke: A- (4.25/5)
20) The Charade by Laura Lee Guhrke:
21) Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich: B
LOL, definitively an awesome month reading-wise :D What I enjoyed is that it was very varied. I've read some really good books... and some not. Contemporary, historicals, paranormal... I've read them all this month LOL :) I've also read new books I've recently purchased, but also a lot of oldies, many from my TBR pile! Yay!!
Also got out of my comfort zone and read quite a few category romance :) They were pretty good. I wonder why I'm so prejudiced against them? After all, all those re-issues of Kay Hooper, Janet Evanovich and Jennifer Crusie are Silhouette books which are the old category romances no? Maybe it has to do with the titles, as Kristie has mentioned recently. Lots of titles are just turn-off :(
By the way, anyone has review request from the list above? That would help me choosing which books to review LOL :) Me thinks I should try to review more on this blog as well :) Oh well I'm trying. By the way, for those interested, reviews for Naughty Neighbor and The Cinderella Deal should be coming up shortly :D
What about you, how has your month been?
*EDIT: Grades were revised after writing the reviews.