Friday, November 14, 2008

Book Recommendations...

So I just received this email about Customer Appreciation Day from Indigo/Chapters this morning... So if you're from Canada and have the I-rewards card, you get 25% off this Sunday (and Sunday only!) on lots of stuff in-store... i.e. mainly books LOL :) Otherwise, you get 15% off only. The coupon is on their website, so if you haven't received an email, you can just print it out there... and I bet they're going to give out coupons in-store as well.

Is it me or they increase the % off? I think usually, it's only 20%... I think it's great :) But I have a problem: I don't know what to buy. Most of the books I was looking forward to in November, I already got... So do you have any recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. My email said Saturday and Sunday.....
    As for recommendations, have you read Karma Girl yet? I just read it the other day and loved it. Or Laurell K. Hamilton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They probably did increase the % off. If Canada is the same as America right now then the book stores are doing horribly and the companies are trying anything to get more people into the store to buy books.

    The main reason bookstores are suffering though is because of online vendors who can afford to lower the cost of their books a little because they don't have any of the overhead costs of running a bookstore. I constantly get huffy customers that come into the store and who are angry because our books are a little more than the ones on Amazon (primarily the hardcovers) and some even storm out of the store when I tell them that we can't match Amazon's price. *deep breath* Sorry, here endith my mini-rant. :P

    I recommend that you buy "Lord of the Fading Lands" by CL Wilson. *nods* it was a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well.. it's like I said!

    ReplyDelete