Monday, November 03, 2008

Monthly Reads - October 2008

Sigh, so my monthly reads list is a bit late this month ^_^; I really don't like it when the beginning of the month is a week-end. I tell myself to blog, but I know at the same time that week-ends are quiet, so I lose a bit of motivation... I guess now I have to catch up.

Overall, October was a great months for books and reading. I had a lot of fun hunting for the books and reading them :) I thought I was very regularly this month and I've read lots of good books or books I was anticipating :)

Here's the list:

1. Stroke of Enticement by Nalini Singh (The Magical Christmas Cat anthology): B+
2. Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas: B
3. Death Masks by Jim Butcher: B+
4. Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James: B
5. Blood Rites by Jim Butcher: B
6. Power Play by Deirdre Martin: C
7. Addicted to Love by Lori Wilde: B+
8. Dead Beat by Jim Butcher: A
9. Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher: B
10. White Night by Jim Butcher: B+
11. Small Favor by Jim Butcher: B
12. Tall, Texan, and Dark by Jodi Thomas: B+
13. Living with the Dead by Kelley Armstrong: B
14. Deep in the Heart by Sharon Sala: B-
15. A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr: B+
16. Bad Penny by Sharon Sala: B+
17. Something about Emmaline by Elizabeth Boyle: B+
18. The Marriage Lessons by Victoria Alexander: C
19. Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb: B
20. Truly, Madly Yours by Rachel Gibson: DNF
21. Demon Bound by Meljean Brook: A-

I also got my hands on Blood Rites Lite, an anthology. Okay, quick question, how is it that urban fantasy novellas are so short? Anyway, I bought it mainly for Kelley Armstrong and Jim Butcher's novellas. Both were okay, given the length of them... about 25 pages ^_^; So I'm not listing it up there.

Overall, as you can see, I got quite a good reading month :) I'm also proud to see that my reviewing rate is up :) Again, asking, any of the books you'd like me to review in particular?