Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Re-read challenge for 2009?

Hmmm, perhaps I should wait for asking fellow bloggers opinions since half of you are going to disappear this week-end to eat turkey, but LOL :) I had this idea this morning and well, am too impatient to wait anyway.

Okay, so I've been buying lots of books lately... however, surprisingly, instead of reaching for these new releases... I've been grabbing oldies that I've already read... and as a result, yesterday, I've re-read Love Songs by Katherine Stone... Actually, I've realized that it's been a while since I've re-read any of my keepers... and it made me realized that I missed them ^_^;

So long story short, I've been wondering if anyone would be interested in a Re-read Challenge starting probably in January 2009. I mean, there is a lot of challenges out there where the goal is to purge the TBR pile... but most of us have a huge collection of keepers. How long has it been since you've picked up one of your dear keepers? Wouldn't it be interesting to see what you think of them now? Don't you want to share them with your fellow bloggers?

I was thinking of a format similar to Keishon's TBR Day... what do you think? Would you join?

13 comments:

  1. That sounds great!! What an original idea! Count me in. I hope I still love my keepers as much as I think I do!! Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea!! I would definitely join - I love my keepers and this would give me a reason to revisit them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea ~ I'm in. Everytime I reorganize my books I see ones that I haven't read in so long and remember fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd like to do this one too. I think it's a great idea.

    I'm rereading a book now. I hadn't planned on it, but I was looking for a scene and after I found it, I flipped to the beginning :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. *groaning* You know how terrible I've been at Keishon's challenge, right??? I've been such a poor blogger lately I hesitate to make any commitments, but I might join in every now and again.

    I've been reading all your November posts because that's how long it has been since I've sat down and had a chance to seriously blog hop.

    I enjoyed your reviews and was blown away by your October reading list. I'm hoping to get both October and November put up over this long Thanksgiving weekend.

    Thanks for hanging in with me over the long semi-absence. I've really missed everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone - :) LOL, I'm glad everyone thinks it's a good idea :D and a lot of ppl would join :D I'll think it out properly and see if there'll be a TBR Day next year as well :D Expect a proper post on the Re-Read challenge sometimes in December :D

    Rosie - LOL :)This is just for fun you know :) If you think you'll have some time next year, it'd be great :)

    I hope you'll be back full throttle next year LOL :) (Giving you time off for the Holidays Season) Missed you a lot :D

    Can't wait to see your reading list. October was great, but November's been a meh month :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a rereader from way back, so yes, I'd definitely be interested!! I have A LOT to choose from :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would totally do it! I love pulling out my keepers, but I never review them. Fabulous idea, Nath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in for re-reading! I'll be checking back soon to see the rules for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristie - LOL, yes, you have a lot to choose from! Seriously, I wonder if you only re-read your books, how long it will take you to re-read them all?

    Lori - I'm glad that you like the idea :D Now, I just have to figure out the rules LOL :)

    Kate - LOL, yes :) Rules... :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could have sworn that I Signed up for this but I guess I didn't...but count me in, I'd love to join this challenge!

    ReplyDelete