Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jayne Ann Krentz recommendations...

All right, as the title of the post indicates, I'm looking for recommendations for Jayne Ann Krentz's books. On Sunday, I wrote a post about a book I remembered but didn't know the author and title... Thanks to Kris and the person who answered at the RT board, it turned out the book is Deep Waters by Jayne Ann Krentz :) Yay!! Finally, years of wondering are over LOL!

As a result, I'm heading to the library tonight to borrow that book and read it again :) Jayne Ann Krentz is not an author I'm familiar with and I've read very few books by her. However, she is quite popular and so, the library actually carries quite a lot of her books... so double yay for!! So I'm just wondering, fans of Jayne Ann Krentz, which books did you like and are must-read?

Going to the library tonight is going to be the highlight of my day LOL :) I haven't gone to the bookstore since I bought Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole (review coming soon) and that was last week... I've been itching to get my hand on Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot since Rowena had a glowing review for that book... However, I've managed to "control" myself. I'm actually waiting for a few more releases to come out so I could use my 5$ off coupon (I need a minimum purchase of 35$). Men of the Otherword by Kelley Armstrong has just showed up, but not in the same bookstore as Ransom My Heart, ugh. I'm trying to be patient and hopefully, by the end of the week, the Mira/HQN books will show up as well.

I've been quite busy lately, especially since I had to work the whole week-end :( Not only busy, but I'm tired as hell and stressed :( This job is worst than all my university years put together ^_^; Hopefully, the workload will lessen a bit in the next few weeks. At the moment, we're close to a deadline, so that's why it's mayhem. Anyway, needless to say, I don't have much time to review :( However, I will try harder. Small comfort is that I have been reading...

11 comments:

  1. I think my sil reads her books. The name sounds familier.

    Hope things slow down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Demon King today!! And Ransom my Heart was so good. My first Meg Cabot book :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read a lot of her books but I really liked Trust Me by her. I would recommend that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love a lot of her contemporaries that she wrote in the 1990s. A bit formulaic, esp if you read them one after another, but really good reads.

    I remember really liking Family Man and The Golden Chance, but lots more are on my keeper shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read many by her and there are very few that I have not liked. She had a futuristic trilogy in the 80s that I liked Sweet Starfire, Crystal Flame and Shield's Lady
    Her Eclipse Bay books were good straight contemporaries.
    Light and Shadow and its sequel Truth and Dare were good slight paranormals with a psychic heroine and investigator hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no recommendation for Jayne Ann Krentz since I've never read her. But I wanted to say how familiar your coupon-story sounds. I could have written it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayne Ann Krentz is a comfort read for me. I like almost all of her books--especially the early ones (which were almost all category romances). If you read one right after another they can seem formulaic, but I like them anyway and re-read them. I also like the historical romances she writes under the name Amanda Quick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isabel - Thanks, I think they will slow down a bit soon. Hopefully!!

    Let me know what are your SIL favorites by Jayne Ann Krentz :)

    Katiebabs - I got my hand on Ransom My Heart yesterday!! Will try to read it soon :)

    Jill - LOL, I went to the library and picked up Trust Me... turns out I've read it already!! :) It was a good book indeed :)

    Li - I've seen a few of her books being reviewed in blogland and the last few ones sounded so-so... so I'll be looking for her 1990s books. I got The Golden Chance, but couldn't find Family Man :(

    Kris - Hmmm, I'm looking forward to reading her books :) I've finished Deep Waters yesterday :) Nice book :) I'll look at her Eclipse Bay books... do you have the titles?

    Taja - LOL :) I went to the bookstore yesterday and I scored big!! :)

    Jan - Hmmm, not very fond on category romances and LOL, they are hard to find, especially if they're old.

    LOL, you're the second one who is telling me that her books are a bit formulaic... I'll be sure to space them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to say that the only Jayne Ann Krentz book I read was Trust Me, and I was going to tell you not the read it because it a DNF for me.
    Turns out you read it, and liked it. Hmph!
    (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dangit - I could recommend her earlier works heartily but with my bad memory I couldn't tell one from the other. I can say that I stopped reading her with the water books. I was so bored ;)

    If you can find Gift of Fire and Gift of Gold - (same H/H in both books) - I remember loving it but this was way before paranormals were all the rage. Not sure how it would do today.

    I love her Jayne Castle futuristics - very sexy. Alpha males all the way. (Shelfari is such a help!) Amaryllis, Zinnia and Orchid are the ones under Castle.

    And I have Family Man & Wildest Hearts under my favourites in Shelfari as well.

    Cindys

    I would say she was my guilty read author but I haven't read a book by her in years.

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seneca - Okay, so it wasn't my favorite, but it was an okay book :)

    Cindy - LOL, I have to agree that all the water references, while quite right and clever, were a bit boring to read about ^_^;

    I tried one of her futuristics and thought meh. Not very fond of her as Amanda Quick either.

    Family Man, you're the second person mentioning that book. i'll definitively have to go to the UBS :)

    ReplyDelete